We have been sick here at our house. Again. We went home (my home where I grew up will always be home I think) for the fourth of July and I got a sore throat. It was the worst sore throat I've ever had. I couldn't swallow or eat or anything. Finally after about a week, I went to the Dr. because it just wasn't getting any better at all. He looks in my mouth and says "Oh, that's thrush!" Yes, thrush was the culprit. I had nice white horrendous spots all over my mouth and tongue. We have pics, but I figured no one wants to see gross spots. He gave me an Rx for a pill (yes, only one pill, isn't that cool?) and I am just now starting to feel better. It still burns a little when I drink water and hurts when I yawn, but other than that, I'm feeling tons better. Then, about three days ago, Liam lays down on the couch and groans "Mom, my tummy hurts, I think I'm going to die. Maybe we should go to the doctor." So I assess the situation and happen to look in his throat and there are those stupid little white spots. Off we go to InstaCare and the doctor doesn't believe it's thrush. "It's EXTREMELY rare for a four year old to have thrush" he says. He says this about ten times and then finally concedes that it, in fact, is thrush. Liam is still taking medicine for it. We are on the mend though Hooray for that!!From "Will": (the act or process of using or asserting one's choice; volition) and "iamsen": (The luckiest guy in the world married to the best wife in the world with the coolest kids in the world)
Friday, July 18, 2008
In sickness and in health...
We have been sick here at our house. Again. We went home (my home where I grew up will always be home I think) for the fourth of July and I got a sore throat. It was the worst sore throat I've ever had. I couldn't swallow or eat or anything. Finally after about a week, I went to the Dr. because it just wasn't getting any better at all. He looks in my mouth and says "Oh, that's thrush!" Yes, thrush was the culprit. I had nice white horrendous spots all over my mouth and tongue. We have pics, but I figured no one wants to see gross spots. He gave me an Rx for a pill (yes, only one pill, isn't that cool?) and I am just now starting to feel better. It still burns a little when I drink water and hurts when I yawn, but other than that, I'm feeling tons better. Then, about three days ago, Liam lays down on the couch and groans "Mom, my tummy hurts, I think I'm going to die. Maybe we should go to the doctor." So I assess the situation and happen to look in his throat and there are those stupid little white spots. Off we go to InstaCare and the doctor doesn't believe it's thrush. "It's EXTREMELY rare for a four year old to have thrush" he says. He says this about ten times and then finally concedes that it, in fact, is thrush. Liam is still taking medicine for it. We are on the mend though Hooray for that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment