We needed a new post so I'm going to try and update and keep it interesting.
Liam is out of school for the summer. He is very excited and thinks he will now have all day long to play video games. Au contraire! He is in for a big surprise!! Today is the exception to the rule, because I really need today to get caught up with the mountainous piles of laundry that are springing up all over the place. Laundry is quite my most hated job. We had a bout with the flu last week, so there has been more laundry than usual and I am still getting caught up. We're pretty excited about Liam being out of school and have big plans as to what we are going to do this summer. It probably won't pan out, seeing as how I am already having a hard time walking with this baby, but we'll sure try.
Erin started swimming lessons today (as well as Liam) and she was pretty excited about starting. You couldn't tell when she got there, (little miss stoic) but she was really happy to be there and participate this year. Last year she wasn't old enough and had to sit with me and Owen.
Speaking of Owen, he is my little test right now. I need to get him a little more independent before the new baby gets here or there's going to be a power struggle and more craziness than we need. He still isn't sleeping through the night, which isn't unusual for my kids. Liam didn't sleep through the night until he was three and Erin was 18 months before she slept all the way through. Owen is different though in that he wants me to lay down with him to fall asleep. I really don't mind doing this every once in a while, because it's fun to snuggle with him, but, it takes him at least an hour to fall asleep. What time I do have to myself, I don't want it spent laying down, waiting for my little boy to fall asleep every night. We've tried the cry it out method, and it didn't work, although to give complete disclosure, I just couldn't do it after 2 1/2 solid hours of crying. We've tried the super nanny put him back in bed as soon as he gets out, and that didn't work. That also lasted about 2 hours and he would immediately follow us back into our room giggling the whole way. He doesn't care about bribes and treats, so that doesn't work either. I just don't know how to keep him in bed at night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cameron did leave him in nursery yesterday by himself (another thing Owen hates is nursery. He starts to cry as soon as we pull up to the church). and Owen screamed the whole 2 hours he was in nursery. Poor leaders. I feel for them. He did fall asleep in sacrament meeting as a result of the overexertion in nursery. That was a bonus. I got to listen!!
There were a couple of baby blessings yesterday and it got me to thinking about this new one that is coming to our house. Oh man, what if I can't do this? I'm in a bit of panic mode. I suppose it will abate, but right now, it's full on. I just need to get it together. *Sigh* If only....
1 comment:
If it helps, I know EXACTLY how you feel. All I can say is you will do just fine. It may not be easy, but you will be able to handle it. As far as sleeping through the night goes, each of my kiddies has been different. The best advice someone gave me about that was to pray about it. It sounds silly, but the times I've done it, random solutions have come into my mind (usually days or weeks later) that I know I didn't come up with on my own. Now if I could remember to do that on a regular basis, who knows what problems I could solve :)
Post a Comment