Friday, April 6, 2012

Soccer, Sinks and Snowmen

Erin has started playing soccer.  Liam was doing Karate for a while and she wanted to do something too.  She decided soccer would be good.  I signed her up and when I told her she was all set to play, she decided she didn't want to play soccer anymore.  I told her too bad.  She started a couple of weeks ago and she loves it.  We went to practice and afterward, she said "Mom, I love love love soccer!"  Yay for finding something she likes!


 You can imagine she is looking at the other team very determined to get a win, or you can imagine she is looking the other way when her coach is trying to talk to the team.  One of those scenarios is correct, I'll let you decide which one. 


She really wanted to be #1 or #10, but alas, she did not get to pick her number.  We tried talking 50 up though.  I don't think it worked.  See the clenched hands at her sides?  Again, determination, or nervousness...you decide. 


Kicking it in from one of the multiple, multiple times it went out. 


She is a good player and a good sport.  Her team are the Blue Dolphins.  It is a blast to watch little 5 year-olds play soccer.  They try so hard, but there is a lot of standing around then the ball is right there, kicking it out of bounds, or own goals.  They did great. 


Liam had a second grade talent show.  He decided he was going to do a magic trick.  He put the ball in the cup and switched them around and made the ball disappear.  The audience even gasped when it disappeared.  He did a really good job being the consummate magician, though he did forget to say his magic word to make the ball disappear. 



This is Reagan's new pastime.  She loves to help me load and unload the dishwasher.  She really is a good helper.  She puts silverware away and rearranges the silverware all into one spot when I am loading the dishes.  I didn't really want her help this day, so I sat her on the counter.  When the sink was clean, she decided to relax and play in the sink.   



We woke up to snow this morning.  About 4 inches.  Whatever Mother Nature!!  Cameron was such a good dad and took the kids outside to make a snowman.  They have been in and out all day long.  I'm glad for them they had fun in the snow, but I am ready for spring!  Let's hope my strawberries and bulbs I just planted survive.

No comments: