Friday, January 23, 2015

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we went to Vernal.  My whole family was there, minus a nephew in Sweden and a nephew who couldn't make it. It was fun to see everyone.  It makes me wonder if this was the last year we will all be together, because we have so many nieces and nephews married or getting married and having their own families.  My brothers and sisters may just want to have their own from now on.  Who knows?


 The brothers in law and grandchildren all had a rousing game of lightning after we ate.

Here some of them are, patiently waiting their turns.

 
We wrote letters to the missionaries.  Preston and Caleb, who may become part of the family?  Reagan sure hopes so. She really likes Caleb.


Took pictures...

Grandsons and one great grandson.  Look at those tough guys on the bottom.  They were really good sports.

Granddaughters.  I've gotta say, they handled the pain a little better than those boys! Oh, all right, maybe they didn't have to hold as much weight.


 The grandkids in birth order.  Minus two.  Both between Kayla and Michelle.

The younger generation.


 My kids love these guys a lot.  Poor Brian broke both his arms while he was at Grandma's house.  He fell off the swing in the back yard.

 
We had a talent show and the grandkids surprised Grandma and Grandpa by singing "As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman".  It was fun to hear them.  I think I would have really been teary and emotional, but I was playing the piano and couldn't afford to.  Whew!


Every family did a talent.  These are just a few.  Dan and Britney sang a cute duet.

These three sang some Christmas carols, with a little Spanish spice thrown in.


Erin drew a picture of Preston on his mission.  Liam recited a poem and Owen and Reagan sang a "Shark Attack" song.  Linda had us all sing "The 12 Days of Christmas" and when it was your birth month, you would stand up on that part and sit back down.  So January people would stand up when we sang "a partridge in a pear tree", February people stood up when we sang "two turtledoves", March "three french hens", etc.  That was pretty fun.  Maria's boys did a lip sync to a Taylor Swift song that was the hit of the show I think.  I can't remember all of it, but it was fun.


 
My Dad's talent was waltzing with my mom.  Aren't they cute?  I really love this picture.


  
The kids had a sleepover at Aunt Linda's house.  Liam was there, but came back to Grandma's house because he threw up.  He ate too much at dinner.  He had a whole turkey leg on the bone and was having a contest with my nephew to see who could eat the most.  Poor kid.  He threw up twice and once he got it out of his system, he felt much better.

  


I also took this silly girl's senior pictures.  They turned out pretty cute. 

Fun time with family.  We had a bridal shower for Holly and went up the mountain to cut down our Christmas tree.  Erin and Owen picked it out, Cameron cut it down and Laurie and I dragged it down the mountain.  The kids really love that tradition.  Next up...Christmas.

No comments: