Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Christmas

Christmas came and went.  I love the Christmas season and the spirit it brings, but this year I was glad to have it over.  I took down my decorations the day after Christmas and it was nice to have my house back to normal and uncluttered.  It made me happy.


Liam got me this book of Christmas carols at his school library book sale.  It was fun to see how thoughtful he was.  
We do take the kids to the store before Christmas and they draw names and buy each other gifts.  I love how excited they are to see their recipient open their gift they picked out just for them.


A steering wheel cover for Cameron.  Wahoo!!  


We got the kids an X-Box 360 and Erin got her own controller.


Liam with his gift from Owen, a giant drawing pad.  


Liam, finally realizing there was an X-Box in the corner.


Owen with his marble run.



 
Reagan Roo.


We just kind of lazed around and played with toys and piano and played board games all day.


The boys enjoyed their gaming.



The kids took over the decorating of the tree and the living room this year.  It looked pretty good with the lights off.


With the lights on, however, it looked like the kids decorated it.  I loved it!  I did have Cameron hang a few ornaments on the very top where they couldn't reach.  I love that my kids feel like they are part of the decorating.  

We tried to make it a fun time for everyone.  Each child got to pick something they wanted to do for the Christmas season.  It could be fun, or a service we did or whatever they wanted.  I asked them what they think of when they think of Christmas and we tried to do whatever they wanted.  I think I'd rather have the memories and feeling of Christ's birth be associated with Christmas for them rather than the presents.

No comments: