Liam started Junior High this year. We decided to take him out of orchestra and put him in band. He started playing the baritone and attended summer band. I think this helped him be less nervous. He learned the layout of the school and got used to walking home every day. They had a back to school bash a few days before school started with pizza, sno-cones, popcorn and a dunking tank. He was nervous to go, so we went to the store, got some stuff for a "locker survival kit", a mirror and whiteboard for his locker, put the survival kit together and went to the school to set his locker up. We got everything set up and it was time for the party. I asked him if he was ready. He looked nervous, but said yes. As we were walking through the school, I just prayed that he would find a friend to hang out with. We walked around the corner and a boy from our ward was there and wanted to hang out with Liam. Heavenly Father listens. I left and went home and cried because I am a mom and I can do that. He came home and said it was really fun. He's got seven classes and has really liked it so far. I think it is good for him because it's something new every 45 minutes.
First day of seventh grade.
Erin started 5th grade this year. She was not excited at all. I think her nervousness comes out in anger. We had a couple of clothing related meltdowns the first week of school. We have since had a few talks and she is making a goal to say hi to people and smile. She did that yesterday and said she had the best day so far. She was nervous about her teacher, because she wanted another one, but now is happy with her teacher.
Owen is in third grade. How is he in third? I think this teacher will be a challenge for him. She is very organized and regimented, which he is not, but it will be really good for him. He has taken everything in stride and is going with the flow.
So our first day of school was also fraught with meltdowns. In fact, the whole first day of school mornings were meltdown city by our youngest. This is the best all four children first day of school shot I could get. She hated her shirt and wouldn't get in the picture. Liam had to leave, so we had to take the picture with or without her. These two pictures are the result.
She thinks I deleted these pictures, so no one tell her they are on the blog. She cried screamed for about a half an hour after this and I had to sit and rock with her for a while. I think a lot of it was nerves. She has not wanted to start first grade.
Reagan started first grade. All day long! She didn't want to go because she would miss me. She has been so brave and the nervousness has subsided a bit. She is home sick today. She has a fever. We'll get there!
You do have to love this cute face. Back to the school schedule!







No comments:
Post a Comment