Well, I have finally taken the GMAT. After being denied entrance the first time because I signed up without my given first name, I took the test this morning after signing up with a name I never use. Kind of ironic. Anyway, it went VERY well, and I am glad it's over. I am at work right now, and am typing on our blog because I am taking a break from studying/working/general busyness as a reward for killing the GMAT.
We had a little baby boy on January 25, as anyone reading this far should know by now. He's got my toes. The other two have Manwaring toes, but Owen is all Williamsen in the little piggy department. I think he has my ears, too. By that, I mean asymmetrical. Other than those things, it's hard to say who he looks like most. I assume he will be more Williamsen-esque, since he has a start with those appendages. Anyway, he's still healthy and happy. But I think we already got him addicted to the pacifier. D'oh!
We were all sick this past week. And all the people that were supposed to come and give Amy a rest from the three headaches, I mean, kids- had to cancel because we (or they) were sick. So Amy needs a break, and we need to celebrate my test, but what to do? We'll probably just stay home and watch a movie.
This girl at work went to an elementary school science fair, for the ES Foundation. (she actually is assigned to the foundation) Anyway, she asked this one little 6th grade girl what her project was. "Measuring the sugar content of different drinks using lasers." Wow! I didn't know you could even do that! This little girl must either be a genius, or gotten help from her parents, or both. When asked to explain the conclusion, she said that sprite had the most sugar, and some fruit juice also had a lot. When asked to explain how it worked, she held up an EMPTY glass, and said, "there is 9 grams of sugar in this one." You mean, when the sprite was in it? "no" You mean the residue from the sprite has 9 grams of sugar? "no. There is 9 grams of sugar in it right now."
(seriously? where was this girls parents, or teacher?) The lasers must have fried her brain. Moral of the story? Next time you're worried about how much sugar is in your drink, just shoot a laser (which the little girl never actually produced) through an empty cup and the laser will tell you how much there is. Can you believe her parents are so uninvolved in her life that she made it all the way to the science fair with that project? Nobody steered her in a more "Logical" direction. Shame shame. Then, maybe the parents found it perfectly logical!
Gotta go. Blog ya later.
1 comment:
Yeah, for your blog, keep it coming, along with pictures, I like pictures. And yeah for the GMAT! Finally it's over with! Keep us posted on results and masters program. I hope Amy and Owen didn't get sick? And I hope you are able to have a good weekend!
Post a Comment