Thursday, July 16, 2009

Going to the library...

Here's a conversation Liam, Cameron and I had yesterday.
Me: Hey bud, tell Dad about the library today.
Liam: There was a juggler and a magician.
Cam: Wow! That's fun, what did he do?
Liam: He juggled knives and caught a bowling ball on his head...(long explanation of the cool magician we saw at the library followed.)
Cam: Cool. Did you get some new books too?
Liam: Yeah. (Laughing) Owen pulled down his pants.
Cam: (Looks at me questioningly) He did?
Me: Yes. We were in the checkout line and he pulled down his pants and was walking around with his saggy diaper. (now just to let you know, the line was full of kids wanting to be checked out that had just come from the magician. The checkout girls were working furiously and I was shoving books into my bag so we could just go.)
Me: I tried to get him but he was running away and I couldn't leave the books so I told Liam to go get him.
Cam: Laughing.
Me: It's not funny! Just as we were done, Erin remembered she wanted a library card and started to whine and yell that she wanted one. I had promised her she could get one so I asked the girl what we needed to do and she said we just needed to fill out a form. So we go around the corner to start filling out the form.
Liam: (Laughing) Owen was running around with his pants off and I was chasing him all over the library!
Me: His diaper needed to be changed and he was trying to pull it off too so it was hanging around his bum and I was filling out the form and trying to get the kids back where I was. Then the librarian started to laugh and she said Liam was chasing Owen with Owen's pants in his hand. I could hear Liam laughing all over the library. We finally got the library card and Owen and Liam came over to me.
Cam: (Laughing uproariously)
Me: Next time you get to take them! So we tried to leave. Here I was with this huge bag of books and Owen not wanting to leave. Every time I tried to pick him up he would just go limp. So I'm dragging him out and Erin decides she wants to ride the "alligator" (elevator). I said no and our library experience culminated with an ear piercing scream that brought everyone's head around to see a frazzled mom loaded down with books dragging her almost diaperless baby out of the library with her screaming, yelling, crying daughter and hysterically laughing son following behind.
Cam: (Still laughing). Someday you'll laugh at this too.
***Sigh****

2 comments:

Happy2Bme said...

Thank you, thank you SO MUCH for sharing. It made me laugh, but only because I've been there. So sorry. I don't take all of the kids to the library at the same time anymore. :) In fact, we hardly go to any public place when I'm out numbered 4-1, but especially not the library where we have to be quiet. :) Maybe the library should be the dad's job. :)

Karen said...

good job for writing this down cause you will probably forget this even happened one day. fun times in the life of a mom huh!?