Monday, August 10, 2009

I haven't posted in a while. Here's what we have been doing at our house. Trying to fly



Dressing up like Dracula...



and his faithful sidekick...







and their other, not-so-faithful sidekick.



One morning Liam came and asked me to take his picture. I turned around and this is what I saw.


Yes, those are cottonballs.




He's Spiderman, can you tell? He had to reach out with his hand and would say "mom, tell me where to turn so I can look at the camera." Silly boy.





Ahhh, summer and the delicious treats it brings.



Just for posterity, I need to add this note. Yesterday at church we sang a rest hymn so I went up onto the stand to play and up ran Liam and Erin without my knowledge...until I had started to play. Then I saw them running...RUNNING around the chairs and up and down all over the place. I'm playing thinking, it's fine, they're just running around. Maybe they're a good diversion for the congregation. But then Erin starts yelling. Liam is chasing her and she is screaming in delight. Not just once mind you. Multiple times. So I start thinking where's Cameron? He needs to come get them because what am I going to do, just stop playing and let everyone sing a capella? (Cameron later said he didn't come up because Erin would have bolted and screamed and laughed more, which is very true.) So the hymn gets over and I turn to Erin to grab her and she gets that 'I'm gonna run' look in her eyes. I just grabbed her and pointed to Liam and we went down with Erin saying very loudly "I don't wanna go down!!" Bow, curtain close. You're welcome Barton Creek for the entertainment yesterday.

4 comments:

Happy2Bme said...

I, for one, personally enjoyed the entertainment during the hymn. :) I totally understand 'cause that would be my kids too. You are one amazing woman!

Julie said...

I can't stop laughing. I love yur telling of the "entertainment" at church this week. Oh who wants to sing anyway, your kids were way more fun :)

Carrie Cole said...

Isn't that like the second time that Liam has done that? That is pretty funny. Yes I remember going on the zipper. We were laughing so hard! The good ole days. I could barely handle the scrambler last night at the fair!

Karen said...

and where was that 'angel' who was suposto stop them and settle things down? sheeze probably enjoying the show along with everyone else....ha ha, this too shall pass..