Thursday, April 22, 2010

Feeling Adventurous

I was feeling adventurous during spring break and decided to take the kids to the zoo.  We were supposed to meet Julie there, but long story short, we didn't connect and it ended up being just me and the kids.  We really had a fun time.  We spent about four hours just walking around, looking at the animals.




The kids loved the peacocks and turkeys running around all over the place.  This one was showing off.


We got to see the new baby elephant.  That was Erin's favorite.

Liam and Owen really liked the big tortise and the reptile house.  Erin just thought it stunk.


Owen's favorite was everything!!  Whenever he saw an animal, he would yell "look mom, look!!" He liked the giraffes so much he climbed in with them.  Oh yes, yes, he did.  No harm no foul huh?

We got to ride the carousel...

...and the train...

...which Owen, of course, LOVED!!  He was really excited about the "choo choo".

Then we got some ice cream cones and came home.  It was a really fun day.  I think, being pregnant, I overdid it just a touch, but we really had a great time.  So glad spring is here!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

wha-wha-huh???? You ARE?! Congratulations!!! That's ambitions taking all the kids on an outing like that, I'm impressed!

Cyndi said...

CONGRATS!! how far along are you???