Saturday, April 2, 2011

Songs

I know I haven't been on here for a long time.  We've been busy because we bought a house!!  I know, right?  I'm so very excited about it.  It needs a little TLC, but nothing huge.  Just cosmetic stuff.  You can bet I'll be putting some befores and afters on here.  I'll post more about that later.  We're  busy packing and all that fun stuff right now.
I just wanted to write this down before I forgot.  Each of my children have had a song that they love when they are babies.  The "one song" that gets them to stop crying, even if it's just for a minute.

Liam's was Rock a Bye:
Rock a bye
Don't you cry,
We are going to grammies.
Up the hill,
By the mill,
To see the baby lammies.

Erin's song was Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam:
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam to shine for him each day.
In every way try to please Him, at home, at school, at play.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for him.

Owen's song was Mother Tell Me the Story (I don't know if that is the real name.)
Mother tell me the story that I love to hear,
tell me of heaven and why I came here.
Mother tell how you love me and gently speak,
and then I'll go to sleep.

Reagan has found her song.  It is...wait for it...The Oscar Mayer Bologna Song...oh yeah baby!
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why I'll say:
That Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!
Sometimes I'll change the last line to: Be-cause M-O-M  L-O-V-E-S  R-E-A-G-A-N.

Just didn't want to forget the calming down songs.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was all geared up for this cutesy post, so I nearly snorted when I read Reagans...that's hilarious :)

Carrie Cole said...

Yay I am sooo excited for you guys!! You'll have to give me all the scoop! So will you still be in Bountiful? Can't wait to see pics!

MaryKate said...

just love it!!!!! Kora loved the temple song and the barney song. Sylvi loved the you are my sunshine song and I think Lia just got it all....

Karen said...

ok, that IS funny! Silly Reagan!

Dan & Ashley said...

Congratson the house. That is so exciting! Hope you guys are doing well.