Last week I woke up to Liam standing by the side of my bed saying "Mom, I'm really sorry I did this, but..." Yeah, not a good way to wake up. He told me he tried to microwave a muffin so it "could be chewy". He put it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Black smoke came billowing out and permeated throughout my whole house. I took him to school, took Erin to school and rented a carpet cleaner. I cleaned the floors, walls, counters, everything. It was early spring cleaning at my house. I lit candles, I baked cookies, I made a fragrant dinner, Nothing helped. I did get some Glade plug-ins, and it helped a little. I can still smell it. Especially in the stairway. It is a lot better than it was though. So because of Liam, we are the owners of a new microwave. I told him he owes us two microwaves, since this is the second one he broke...he laughed. The first one he pulled down off our microwave cart while he was trying to climb up. Luckily, he didn't get hurt.
Here is a conversation I had with Liam in the car on the way to his eye appointment yesterday.
Liam: Mom, where's Mount Everest?
Me: Nepal, do you know where that is?
L: No.
M: Do you know where India is?
L: Nope.
M: China?
L: Oh yeah!
M: Well, it's kind of by China.
L: Oh...I think I would like to climb it one day.
M: That would be good. You know, you'll need Oxygen for that. You can't breathe very good that high up.
L: That would be okay...Mom? Is it above the clouds?
M: Yes. It's really high
L: Where are the clouds? Are they in the middle of space and Earth?
M: No, they're in Earth's atmosphere. They keep moisture in so it can rain remember?
L: Oh yeah. Mom? Are there any clouds in space?
M: Nope, there's nothing in space. Just cold, darkness.
L: Why?
M: I'm not sure.
L: Mom, is Pluto a planet?
M: Not anymore. The scientists decided it was too little to be a planet remember.
L: Pluto was my favorite planet mom.
M: I know. Sorry bud. Maybe it will be a planet again one day.
L: What is the smallest planet now mom?
M: Um...I don't know, maybe Mercury or Venus would be my guess.
L: Is Mercury really hot mom?
M: Yup, because it's right by the sun.
L: How about Venus?
M: Actually, Venus is hotter than Mercury because it has clouds that trap the heat inside the planet and it can't get out so it just gets hotter and hotter.
L: Oh...What's the next planet mom?
M: Earth.
L: And we're not too hot or too cold. Heavenly Father did a good job mom.
M: He sure did. Aren't you glad to have the seasons?
L: Yeah. Mom? If our atmosphere is filled with Oxygen and other stuff, is Oxygen blue?
M: I don't think so, but I don't know. Why?
L: Well, our sky is blue. Why is the sky blue mom?
M: (Explanation of light particles reflecting blue, etc.)
L: Mom? I'm going to make a mountain one day and name it Big Grassy Mountain because it will have grass all over it and you can roll all the way down it.
M: Cool bud. That sounds fun.
L: Mom? I'm going to go back to my imagination now okay?
Speaking of his eye appointment, he is DONE with the patch!! Hooray and Yippee and Woo Hoo!! Good job buddy. It took three years, but we're done. Way to stick with it. I told him we could have a patch burning party. He's pretty excited.
2 comments:
Hey little sis, I am at work and bored out of my gourd so I thought I would get on your blog. I need you to know that you are doing a great job raising these children. They are being read to, played with, cleaned up after, (the poop was gross), fed, their questions answered, imagination encouraged, they know they are loved, and you need to give yourself credit at the great job you are doing. I know that you are the only one that cannot see that. And just because you think that you are not going through a "trial" doesn't mean that your feelings are any less. I don't know if this is making any sense, but all I know is you need to give yourself permission to know that you are a great mom, wife, and person. I love you and admire you too. Belive it cause I do.
I second what Linda said! You are amazing!! and VERY smart!!! I couldn't have answered those Liam questions like you did! Crazy boy! :)
Post a Comment