Saturday, August 6, 2011

Some Summer Fun

Ah, summer.  We have been so very busy this summer with house projects mostly.  I've done a few more things like redo some porch chairs, paint my ceiling fan, yard sale-ing for fun new projects, going to the library weekly (almost) etc.  We have had time to squeeze in some fun times with the kids though.  We went to the splash pad the other day.  The kids had a BLAST!  I've always thought splash pads sounded boring in theory, but whoever invented them should get a medal because the kids were in heaven!  (Except Reagan, who decided to hate water that day.)  When they got cold, they would just lay down on the hot cement and roast away until they got warm again like Owen is doing in the picture below.  (P.S. I totally stole all these pictures off Julie's facebook page because I haven't been very good at taking my camera everywhere.)




Jamison and Owen.  Looks like one is having way too much fun and the other...not so much.  


We also found out Mrs. Fields does a cookie tour.  So fun.  We decided to take the tour and it was really nice.  The kids thought the hair nets were super cool (again, all except Reagan, who refused, quite vehemently, to wear hers.)

Just picture Reagan off to the left pitching a fit while I try and wrestle her hat on her head.


Our local grocery store had a kids club this summer and we went every week.  The kids got to "go around the world" and had passports and everything.  They would get a sticker for every country they visited.  We went to Italy and made the leaning tower of Oreos, made maracas and Russian nesting dolls, tried chocolate and some crazy bread from Norway, made our own sushi (out of rice krispie treats, Swedish fish and fruit leather), got vampire teeth to remind us of Transylvania, had banana races, pizza making races, and all sorts of other fun stuff.  The store did a really great job and the kids really looked forward to going each week.



In the two above pictures, they are trying to make a replica of the Eiffel Tower with marshmallows and toothpicks.  Apparently neither of my children like to look at the camera.

At the end of the summer club, they had a water party to say thanks to the kids and send them off with a bang.  They had water balloons, water races, bubbles, wading pools, make your own ocean (sort of like a snow globe), beach in a bag (they put sand (cornmeal) and shells into Ziploc bags) and a grassy place to shoot water guns and run through sprinklers.  Liam's favorite part was when one of the workers shouted "Water Fight!!!" and he got to start pouring buckets of water on the workers.







We've had a fun summer.  I have more pics I need to get off my camera.  School's almost in again.  I'm really really happy, but I will miss doing summer stuff with my kids.

1 comment:

thederricks said...

Hey Amy, Fun to see your blog! I hope you are doing well!