We celebrated Cameron's birthday. We didn't do much, just a cake. Isn't it funny how as you get older, your birthday becomes just another day? Happy Birthday Cameron. Lobe ya.
Then it was Valentine's day. Liam had to make a mailbox and decided on a monster. It turned out pretty cute. Both he and Erin had parties in their classrooms. Grandma W. had a tea party for the grandkids, so while they were there, we went to Arby's. I know, don't hate 'cause we are ballers!
The kids had literacy night at their school. They had classrooms with different themes. In this room, we got to meet Captain Jack Sparrow, talk to him a little, and get his autograph. Cinderella was also in the room, but the kids weren't interested. I made Liam be in the picture. I can't believe he's getting old enough to be all embarrassed about being in silly pictures.
Another room had an Arabian nights theme. You sat on pillows in a circle and got to tell a story. You could say whatever you wanted, then say "and then..." and the next person had to pick up where you left off. After telling your part of the story, you could get a mustache, beard, eyebrows, whatever painted on your face. Erin opted out of both the storytelling and the face painting, but Liam was all in.
It was a fun night. If you visited six rooms and got your card punched, you could turn the card in the next day for a free no homework pass on an assignment. Reagan got sick of it, so Cameron took her and Owen home and I stayed with the older two to get their cards punched.
We also went to Vernal to see my family. It was a fun time, and it was really good seeing everyone. As we were packing and getting ready, this is what Reagan was doing. Yes, those are Erin's underpants. She thought they were great.
Owen, Reagan and I went out and played in the stupid wish it would go away snow the other day. It was a fun time.
Reagan is our outdoor girl. She would stay outside all day long if we let her. Even when it's cold and snowy. Her hands will be freezing off, yet she cries and cries when you bring her inside.
I also did a couple of projects. This one was supposed to be for Cameron for Christmas, but it didn't get done quite in time. So Happy Birthday to Cameron. I took his old t-shirts, cut them out, and framed them with old Levi's. It is the hugest quilt ever and very warm at night. Thanks to Mur for helping me sew it and Mom for binding it for me. I hate binding quilts. My least favorite part.
I also decided to finally get the flooring done in the dining area. This is what it looked like before...
...and after. Ta-da!! I did it all by myself too. I was very proud of myself. We have really liked it a lot. My project right now is our stairs. We're almost done!!!! Hopefully, it'll be done Saturday, then I can move on to getting the living room done.










No comments:
Post a Comment