Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

We've had a busy summer so far.  I think the kids are having fun.  I haven't taken the camera everywhere, but here are some of the things we've done so far.  Went to the Rec Center to swim.  The kids love the water slide, and We didn't even think to take Reagan down it until she started to say "Stairs, stairs!"  I took her down the stairs and she was in love.  That's all she wanted to do for the rest of the time.  Silly thing cried and cried when we had to leave.

We went up the canyon and had dinner and roasted marshmallows to make s'mores.  We crossed the river and hiked up the mountain.  When I say up the mountain, I mean we followed the boys straight up.  It is a hard job hiking straight up with a baby in your arms.  Even harder coming down.  We found a lean-to and a campfire off the beaten path.  The kids had fun imagining robbers and spies hanging out around the fire.  They really enjoyed it, I think.

We have been to the splash pad near our house also.  Reagan and Owen discovered the showers, which are warmer water and stayed there for a while. There is a playground next to the splash pad, and Reagan's favorite was going down the slide again and again and again...you get the picture.

We've ridden bikes and scooters along the Legacy walkway.  That's really a fun walk.  There's cows and birds and fun places to hide all along the way.  We usually go a mile or two, then come back to our car.  It's good for tiring them out.

We've made cookies together.

We've gone to the library and practiced our reading.  We actually haven't made it to storytime yet, we'll get there I'm sure.

We've gone to Vernal to visit the family there.  We had a fun time visiting with cousins, aunts, uncles and Grandma and Grandpa.

Staying up late.

We've had game nights with the aunt, uncle and cousins out here along the Wasatch Front a couple of times. The kids love staying up after dark and playing Ghost in the Graveyard and No Bears are Out Tonight with the older cousins.

We went to a movie.  We split up because the boys wanted to go see Madagascar III and Erin and I went to see Brave.  I really liked Brave, the boys loved their movie, but Cameron said it was pretty stupid.  At least the kids liked it eh?

We go every week to our grocery store Kids Club.  We've really loved it this year.  They have had seafood  (octopus, squid, live lobsters, clams, oysters, fish) that the kids get to hold and learn about, a fish toss, races up the frozen food aisle, ice cream, quesadillas, crafts every week, firemen, silly bands, oh, all sorts of fun already this year.  The kids look forward to it every week.

We play with friends in the neighborhood.

Scouts for Liam and I.

Going to the park.

Popping popcorn, getting treats and pizza and having  movie nights here at home.  We watched The Muppets (kind of dumb), Home on the Range (meh), and Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked (surprisingly funny).

We have swam more this summer than we have any other summer I think.  We put the pool up and the kids stay in (and out) of it most of the day.  They even eat their lunches outside.

We've been to Grandma April's house too.  That's a playground in itself.  Trampoline, swings, slide, fun yard, and all the goldfish and cookies they can eat.  Always a treat to go to Grandma's.

For the 4th of July, our ward has a little children's parade where the kids can decorate their bikes, scooters, etc. and we ride around the neighborhood.  The neighbors with grown kids, or no kids or who just don't want to ride sit outside their houses and clap for the kids going by.  There's usually a trailer that the littlest kids can ride in and it's pulled by a vehicle hooked up to tons of speakers and they blast music all along the parade route.  We end up at our neighbor's house and everyone pitches in and makes breakfast.  Pancakes, eggs, potatoes, sausage, the works.  We ate breakfast, came home and chilled for the day until going to Greg and Laurie's home for dinner.  Fireworks are illegal all over the place, so we didn't do fireworks, so the kids got to bed earlier than they would have, so that was good.



The kids with their decorated bikes.  They wore the hats too!

 Reagan, who is getting so big!  She'll be 2 next month.  Crazy.



I took some family pictures for my friend, and her little boy was feeling sad, so while we waited for him to feel better, the kids wanted their picture taken.  Hard to get one where everyone is looking.

We're still planing on some summer fun.  24th of July parade and fireworks, going to the zoo, going to Lagoon (maybe) and going to Cherry Hill are still on our list.  We've had a grand time so far.  Here's to more summer fun!

1 comment:

thederricks said...

Hey Amy! Fun to hear from you! Your kids are growing fast too! They are adorable! I love the 4th of July pictures! Soooo cute! I hope the rest of your summer is lots of fun! :)