Monday, June 4, 2012

Summertime Catch Up

We have been pretty busy at our house.  Thus, no posts for a while.  I'll try to do better.  I promised Liam birthday pictures, so here they are.


 Here is the birthday boy with his appropriately numbered shirt.


He wanted a Halo cake.  Lego Halo guys count right?


 Since he's eight, he started cub scouts.  He has earned his bobcat and is working on his wolf.  They had the Raingutter Regatta and he had to make a boat that he would race down rain gutters.  Cameron made the sail, I glued it together, and Liam did the rest.  Paint job and everything.  (With a little supervision from Cameron.) 


 This was the first heat.  There were about 24 boys there racing their boats.  It was a little crazy.  He did really well, coming in 3rd place and getting an award for best sail.  (Everyone got awards.)  I will say the pack meetings are a little silly, what with the weird claps and such, but the boys love it, so I guess we make fools of ourselves for them right?


Liam blowing his boat down the gutter.

 Erin's soccer has finished for the spring.  She really enjoyed it and wants to do it again.  As does Owen and Liam.  We'll see.  She played in her second to last game and made two goals!  Way to go Erin!!  She was pretty pleased with herself.  She did a really great job.


Erin with her medal and Popsicle treat after her last game.
 
 Erin also had a end of year Kindergarten program.  She sang songs and showed off work that the Kindergarteners had done throughout the year.  In the first picture above, she played a little keyboard thinger that you blow into and play the notes to get it to play.  The second picture is a fun song they did with a little sock puppet on their hands.  She's now going to be in first grade and go to school all day long. 



Erin and Owen have had their rare moments of liking each other.  Usually they're my worst squabblers.  Last week they came upstairs and Erin had dressed Owen up.  She was the princess and Owen was the prince.  I thought it was pretty cute, so I took a picture to prove that they do get along sometimes.

 
Owen has taken it upon himself to be the mushroom collector.  If he sees mushrooms on the grass, it is his job to pick them.  He thinks it's pretty important and cool, so we let him think that.  He has a nice collection going out by the swing set.


Memorial day was a pretty relaxing day for us.  We went to breakfast at Laurie and Greg's house, then came home and lounged for a while, went to the cemetery to visit Great Grandma, Great Grandpa and Uncle Bill's graves and had a BBQ at Grandma's house that evening. As you can see, it was nice and sunny.  The kids had a grand time


 Reagan has been sick.  Fever for about 5 days, sore throat and yucky cough and nose.  First Erin had Strep, then Owen started coughing, then Liam, then Reagan, then Erin's strep came back.  Now I have a sore throat and cold symptoms.  We are done being sick!  It's summertime.  Let's get healthy already.
 My nephew got married and I was able to go out to the wedding and reception.  It was super hero themed and they had super hero posters and paraphernalia all over the place.  The wedding party, including the bride and groom and all the gift bearers and servers wore capes.  They also served cookies and cereal at the reception.  All the aunts had to make 10 dozen cookies.  My kids really wanted some of the cookies and with each batch I would take out of the oven they would ask for some.  I had to tell them they could eat the extras and they had to wait.

Here's some of my cute nieces in their capes.  They were good sports to help out.


These are little thumb wrestling guys that were on the tables so you could thumb war people and see who won.  I think the Hulk won this round.  I was so Happy for Garrett and Katie and the wedding and reception turned out really nice.  Congrats to them.

Now that it's summer, we're trying to fall into a schedule of sorts.  We're going to try and go to the library each week and the kids are so excited that they get to learn to do more chores like folding and putting away their own laundry.  Yay for me!!  I must say Erin and Liam both have started loading and unloading the dishwasher and they do such a good job.  It's been quite nice to not have to do the dishes every single time.  They are growing up and taking more responsibility.  Good job guys!!

No comments: