Monday, July 29, 2013

Missing Teeth and Summer Happenings

Erin has had two wiggly teeth since Thanksgiving!  They haven't come out, so we finally pinned her down and pulled one out.  I am not exaggerating.  We had to pin the child down and pull that tooth.  She was okay afterward and even said it wasn't that bad.  After two solid hours of screaming and "just give me a second"s, we had...


This girl.  She was pretty happy to have it out.  She put it under her pillow, then took it out and was looking at it and lost it.  She was pretty sad.  I told her the Tooth Fairy would understand.  So she went to sleep and in the morning, the Tooth Fairy had left her some money with a note that said even though her tooth was lost, she was so brave, she deserved some money.  The other front tooth came out a couple of weeks later with much much less weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The rest of our summer has been reunions, going up the canyon and eating with a nice hike afterward, library dates, reading, swimming in our backyard, having friends over almost every day, trips to Vernal, a parade the kids rode in on the 4th of July (pictures to come), a party with Ariel (hopefully pictures to come), going to the splash pad, going to the rec center, 2 mile bike rides, and that's all I can think of right now.  I think it has been a pretty fun summer.  It's been a little difficult for me, but I don't know why.  Maybe it's because the kids are getting older and they are bickering a lot more this year.  We did put some new ground rules in place and they seem to be working pretty well. 



We had a missionary leave.  This is my nephew Preston.  He was a hard one for me.  I don't know why he hit me harder than the other missionaries that have gone out in my family, but he did.  He's doing such great things in Sweden though.  



We also had a missionary come home.  Keith came home from Argentina and we got to go home for his homecoming.  I had to include this picture because my other nephew Nathan is being so silly in it.  Love my family.


My kids' favorite part was the cousins, of course.  They are on top of my sister's shed roof.  This is where they sat to "spy" on people. 


Here's all my family, minus Preston and my brother-in-law Kyle.  We did get a new baby two days after this too.  Everyone else was there.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  It has been a while since we were all together.



My niece Shannon, sister Linda and me and my silly husband.  Sure glad for excuses to get together with family.  


Isn't this the cutest face?  I am now a great aunt!  BAM was born on Pioneer Day.  He will always have parties and parades in his honor.  I stole this picture off my niece's Facebook page because I haven't gotten to see him in person yet, but he sure is cute!

No comments: