Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February

It is the middle of February.  Boo!  And Yay!  I really don't like January or February, but it is almost over and for that I am thankful.

I thought I would update What's going on in our lives this month.  First and foremost...Cameron passed all of his CPA exams!!!!  Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!  This is a big deal for our family.  He is done with school and done studying.  It has been such a long road to get to this point, but he did it!  He worked so hard and went to school and worked simultaneously for years and years and it is starting to pay off.  Going to school is hard enough, but when you have a family, it makes it so much harder.Good job Cameron!!!

Liam is loving 4th grade.  He has a couple of good buddies and I am so grateful for them.  He seems to be growing up quicker than I would like.  He turns 10 in a couple of months.  He is starting to burn out on scouts, so hopefully Weblos will spark his interest again.  He has been with me for two years.  New leaders that are not his mom should help.  He is starting to become more responsible and tries to keep the peace when the others are fighting.  He works hard to be a good big brother.

Erin is going through a rough patch.  We are working on keeping her temper and being kind to her siblings. I have decided second grade is a hard, transitional year.  Liam had a hard time that year too.  She did finally get her bunk beds this week.  She sure is excited about them.  She is loving that the snow has melted and she can get outside and ride her bike with the neighborhood kids.  She likes her school class and is one of the top students.  She is really looking forward to being baptized later this year.

Owen has flourished with Kindergarten.  He is still his happy, crazy self, but a little more controlled.  It is fun to see him becoming more confident in life.  He doesn't really love the reading part that comes with Kindergarten, but loves the math.  This kid has a mind for numbers I tell ya.  He just kind of knows how they work and go together.  He is good to play with Reagan and let her love him all the time.

Reagan is our three year old going on sixteen year old.  She feels like she is just as big as the other kids and can do everything they can do.  She loves giving loves and snuggles and is a bit stifling at times with her attentions.  She sits on my lap and grabs my head and pulls it down so she can love it.  She rubs her hands on my face and nuzzles her nose on my face.  Her new toy is a hockey mask that she wears all over the place.

She wears this thing to the store, to scouts, when we walk Owen to school...everywhere! 


She likes to strike a pose and try and scare people while she has it on.   


This is me with the T.A.R.D.I.S.  So exciting for me!  If only The Doctor was with it.  I may have run off with him.   

Cameron's birthday was this month too.  Happy Birthday to him!  He was feeling a little old, but what can you do but keep getting older right?
My boys. 


 He was a nice Dad and asked for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting because he knew Erin really wanted that.  She had tried to talk Owen into having chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but he didn't go for it.  The cake was gone by the end of the night.  Happy Birthday!

No comments: