Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last of School and Summer

I haven't pulled the pictures off the camera for a while, so we have a variety this post.  Erin had an end of school program too.  It is her teacher's "Friend Program".  It was fun to go see because Erin was WAY out of her comfort zone, singing and dancing.  I was really proud of her for doing it.



This is before the program started.  Reagan wanted her picture taken, but wouldn't stop being silly.

Erin loves to draw and color.  In the program they said Erin was the best drawer in their class.  This is her friend poster she made.  It says "A friend is someone who you like, you trust, and you're happy with."  She always adds details in her pictures that are fun to see. 


One of her parts was to sing "If I were a little train..." and the boy next to her sang "I'd be your choo-choo!" 


I'm glad second grade is done.  I'm not a fan.  This was a cute program though. 


Erin has been learning to control her temper and doing such a good job about it.  This was one of her moments where she was feeling grouchy and she got a little creative as to how to let her anger out. 


 In February or March Cameron's work gave him tickets so we could go see a Jazz game.  We got to sit in the suite and have dinner and dessert.  The kids loved it and are asking to go again.


We had BBQ pork sandwiches, which most of us thought were delicious.  There were those of us (Owen and Reagan) who didn't eat them though and just had popcorn and chips.  They had yummy brownies for dessert.  Liam thought it was cool you could have any soft drink you wanted. 


Good big brother.  Reagan and Owen weren't really interested in the game.  they thought it was fun to run around the hallway just outside the suite. 


Here's our seats. 


Erin was sitting by one of Cameron's coworkers and I came down a little later.  The coworker said "Erin, tell your mom who we're rooting for." Erin said "Number 20 (Gordon Hayward)."  The worker said "Tell her why!"  Erin looks at me, rolls her eyes, sighs deeply and deadpans "Because he's cute."   I thought it was pretty funny. 


Here's the popcorn and chips crowd. 


Both Owen and Erin played soccer this spring.  Owen was on the Knights and Erin  was on the Cheetahs.  I don't know why we didn't get any pictures of Erin.  We went to all her games without the camera I guess.  She is on the bigger field now and has a goalie and plays positions and everything.  It was painful for the first little while because her team was not a great team.  They lost every game and were losing pretty badly too, like eight to nothing.  They practiced though and did win a game or two near the end of the season.  Owen is still on the small field.  Whenever they shot at the goal and missed, he would put his thumb down like in the picture above.  


They don't keep score in Owen's age group, but Owen sure kept score.  Every time his team made a goal he would show on his fingers how many goals their team had and point to himself, then point at the other team and show how many goals they had.  He always made sure someone from the other team was watching him too.  I think his team won all their games.  He usually made at least one goal per game.  It was good for him, because last year he didn't make any goals.  It was a confidence booster for him. 


When he played defense, he would just sit down.  When the ball came down the field, he would hop up and skip/run right after it. 


This picture shows how he runs.  He half skips, half runs because he's so excited to be burning his energy.  Though, that kid can run if he puts his mind to it.  The Lorenzon cousins and my kids were racing and Owen was running because he was just having fun.  Then we yelled at him to try and win one time and he concentrated, put on a burst of speed and beat them all.  Even the older ones.  He's not competitive though.  Just likes to jump and run and be active. 



We had Liam's Pinewood Derby.  He did his car all by himself.  Cameron helped him hammer in the wheels and helped cut it out, but Liam designed it and painted it and did everything else all by himself.  He called it the Blue Bullet.



We had a guy come in with his own track and system.  It was fun because the cars would race and  the little sign at the end would tell you which place they came in and the information would go to his computer and the program would generate what place they took overall.  They put the results on the screen and everyone could follow what was happening.  Liam came in 4th or 5th overall I think.


We got a small pool this year in the backyard and the kids have loved having it and loved being able to just go outside and swim whenever they want.  Erin decided we needed to have a pool party and wrote invitations for the neighborhood kids to come play in the pool.  We ended up with about fourteen kids having water fights and running around.   





Reagan can't get in by herself, but she can get out okay.  It's just a small pool, but we've loved it.  We've even gotten in it as a family too. 


Erin also organized a puppet show.  I helped them make their puppets and Erin and Owen's friend Zach made the scenery.   


Erin made the stage and made up the play and lines and everything. 


Erin was a snake, Jamison was a dragon, Zach was an elephant, Reagan was a dog and Owen, not to be outdone, made seven dinosaurs. 


Reagan's dog.  I think she named him Tommy or Max. 


Here's Erin working on the scenery. 


We took down our old swing set.  It was just too high for the kids to get good pumping power on.  We got a new, smaller one and Cameron put it in himself.  I don't have a picture of the new one.  I'll have to remedy that.  Here's the before. 


Here's the after it was cut down.  It was a little scary for me because I had to push on it or pull on it while Cameron was cutting to make sure it didn't fall on him.  It all came down fine, thankfully.  We did find a few wasps' nests though.  Yuck. 


As we were cutting the swing set down, Erin came running out and told us the window was broken.  Oh no!!  It turned out to be just an old window that was hanging on my wall.  the twine it was hanging on gave out and it came crashing to the floor.  I was sad, but so glad no one was under it when it fell.  It took forever to get all the glass cleaned up, but it is now safe to walk in my dining area. 


This was a project I finally got done!!  The side of my garage was a blank canvass and I decided to paint empty frames and hang them up on the wall.  It turned out so fun!  I don't love the blue trim on the window, I think I'll change that to a more pastel color, but other than that, I am pretty pleased with the result.  I love to look at my fun wall now.

I still have a trip to St. George to write about, so I expect I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

April said...

You should have each of the kids paint a picture of themselves in the frames.