Friday, July 18, 2014

St. George

Cameron and the kids took a trip to St. George.  I stayed home.  It was heavenly!!  They left for five days and I got to stay home and do nothing.  I cleaned the house the first day and it stayed clean!  I read and watched some of my shows and went to a movie.  It was the best vacation EVER!!  Thank you to my super awesome Cameron for taking the kids.  It was a long week for him I'm sure.

I have pictures, but I can't tell you exactly what is going on in them since I didn't go.  They did hike a small little slot canyon, I don't know the name.  It was pretty short and so tight Cameron and Greg got a little worried and turned back.  Aunt Laurie soldiered on with all the kids.



That blue slit of sky behind Owen is the canyon. 


Pretty tight huh?  Claustrophobics would not do well here. 


Here's all thee kids plus Laurie lined up.  Way to be the leader Laurie! 


This is the view from above.  Cameron took the camera and climbed the hill to look down into the crevasse. 


Again, this is from above.  

Look how skinny that canyon is behind them! 


Here's everyone that went on the trip, minus the picture taker. 


They went to the temple and told stories about Cameron's ancestor who helped build it.  There's a fun picture of him standing up on the wall.  They took it and showed the kids. 


The kids on the temple steps.  I love how Bodie and Jax are so posey.  They'll be in GQ one day, just you watch. 


Cameron and the children. 


I can't remember where this was.  Snow Canyon I think.  It got really hot while they were there, in the mid 100's.  They would hike in the mornings and go back to the condo and swim in the afternoons.

 Apparently the older two would run off with the cousins, so Cameron didn't get many pictures of them. 







Owen and Reagan stuck with dad though.  I look at these pictures and just imagine how hot it was! 



Owen found a "magic wand" and even brought it home with him!  Super fun for us. 





 Love when my kids love each other unprompted.





Owen showing off his magic wand again. 




I guess all the boys got wands or sticks or whatever.  Who pulled a live branch off?  Yes, my child, the tree killer. 





They got to go to Chuck a Rama, which is now everyone's favorite restaurant.  They swam at the Washington Rec Center and said all their slides were pretty fun.  Owen couldn't stop talking about them for about 10 minutes after they came home. 


See?  Look how hot it was.  




They were so excited because they got to go through Arizona and Nevada.  They loved that they have been out of state now.  They even ate at McDonalds in Nevada. 


This day was Zions National Park.  They hiked to different places in the park.  Here they are looking for a lizard or squirrel or something in the rocks.  


This was a fun little place to rest and throw rocks into the river. 


Apparently there were a lot of squirrels who would come up really close to you.  Owen thought they were great.  


This is Weeping Rock in Zions. 






This is where Cameron and Reagan slept in the condo.  I'm so glad they had a home base to come back to to cool off and relax a little.

Reagan made a bed for her monkey backpack. 


The kids watching a movie.  I think they had a blast.  All four of them loved swimming the most.  They liked hanging out with the cousins too.  Thank you again to Cameron for taking them.  I don't know if it was much of a vacation for him, but it sure was for me!! 

No comments: