Friday, March 13, 2015

Birthdays

We have had some birthdays at our house.  First it was Owen's day.  He turned seven.

Here is the birthday boy with a crazy girl behind him. 


He wanted a cake with dinosaurs being buried in lava from an exploding volcano.  Easy right?   


Julie came to the rescue again.  She has learned our kids have specific and unusual requests.  It's a challenge right? 


Owen is seven and in first grade.  School has been good for him.  He does pretty well.  He works hard.  He would rather be doing something different, but puts his effort into school.  By the time he comes home, he's ready to shed the day and forget about everything he learned there.  It's a little tough getting him to do homework, but we're working on it.   


These are three silly kids.  Where was the fourth you ask? 


Oh, there she is!  Her feelings got hurt and she spent a good part of the night being grouchy in her room calming down. 


Then it was this guy's birthday.  


Liam during the Happy Birthday singing.  He wanted to get his job done fast. 


We celebrated Cameron's birthday on the actual day by eating cake and he got a couple of presents.  What he really wanted for his birthday was... 


A Barbecue!  We did a Barbecue the Saturday after his birthday which happened to be Valentine's day.  We invited the Wasatch Front game nighters and Cameron's mom.  We get together once a month to have game night and this is most of us.  Hayden wasn't able to make it and Laurie is temporarily not a Wasatch Fronter, but we had the rest of them come.  


Cousins 


How great is it that we got to have a barbecue in February?  It was really nice weather, in the 60s.  Owen thought it was barefoot weather as you can see above.   


The kids especially loved Brad.  Reagan and Erin kept asking him to come jump on the trampoline with them.  He was a good sport. 


We ate and talked and then went inside and played a Newlywed game since we have two newlywed couples.  Dan and Britney and Cameron and I tied for the win.  Represent! 


Then it was my birthday.  Happy birthday to me.  We didn't do much on the actual day because it was Sunday, but Cameron's present to me was he took the day off on Monday and watched the kids all day while I got to have a day off.  It was super wonderful! 


Here's those crazy kids again. 


I really don't know where they get it from. 


Cameron and I are always so self possessed. 


I included this picture because this is what Reagan does to me constantly.  Cheeks touching, her hand on my other cheek, giving loves.  She also does this contented whining sound while she does it.  It gets a little much sometimes, but I have to just think she's only little once.  
She told me the other day "Mom, if I was with Satan, I would do this." and then proceeded to flip the bird with her finger.  Then was quick to tell me she wasn't "with Satan" so she wouldn't do that.  She's funny.





What is it with birthdays and tears?  Owen was sad this day, I can't remember why.  See the tears on my shoulder?   


At least this one was okay though.  No tears or grouchiness or anything!

We have another birthday next month and then we are done for a while.  Happy birthday to all and to all a good night!

No comments: