The kids have their chores they are doing. They do pretty well for the most part, though the garden is struggling because they "forget" to weed it. Liam is practicing violin, going to scouts (can you believe he will be in Young Men's in 8 months?), taking daily bike rides, playing with friends and he earned enough money to buy him an Ipod Touch. He has really enjoyed it and I'm proud of him for putting the effort into getting what he wants. Erin has Activity Days, has been practicing stitching on a picture of a temple, playing with friends and brothers and sisters working on her book she's writing and reading. Owen and Reagan both have loved having each other around, though Owen is the biggest tease ever. I blame Cameron.
I have spent the last week purging my house of everything. I've done our room, the kids' rooms, the bathroom and some of the extra room downstairs. I have gotten rid of 14 bags of stuff. That's just the stuff that went to the DI. I had five or six bags of trash. It is super! We have also been slowly working on our patio out back. I'll post pictures of that later. We also got AC and a new heater! It has been really great, although as soon as they put the AC in, the days got cooler and we haven't had to use it much. Still, it's there when we need it and we won't have a heater running on prayers this winter.
Anyway, back to our summer.
Just thought this was funny. Erin is very protective of her chocolate chip muffins!
We hiked up above Buckland Flats and took a picnic lunch and ate it. I have more pictures of this on the camera, I just haven't pulled them out yet. We took Grandma April and it was a nice little trip. The road was bumpy and washed out in a couple of places, so it was slow going, but I think the kids enjoyed it. We played 20 questions on the way back home and Liam would think of abstract things like thunderclouds and lightning. He's a deep thinker, that one.
We went to the splash pad. Liam feels like he is getting too old for it. We are at this weird stage where my older two don't like stuff like going to the park or splash pad or "little kid stuff" anymore and my younger two do.
More splash pad. Erin and Owen wouldn't stop for a very good picture.
Reagan had fun and played in the water more this time than she usually does. She gets cold fast though. That's how I am too.
Cameron's work moved to a new building. He has liked it thus far. This is his view out his window. He's just happy he has a window, as he didn't in the last office.
All the boys got haircuts. Liam really wanted to keep his hair just like this, but I wouldn't let him. Just kidding. I just thought it was funny.
We went swimming in Aunt Merlene's pool with Grandma and some second cousins. We took one side of the pool, and the cousins had the other side. No intermingling. Isn't family fun?
I have had lots of activities with the Young Women, one of which was at Temple Square.
We went up the canyon and played in the river and climbed rocks and ate lunch. Owen was in his element. He had a blast running around doing everything. He did roll both his ankles in the water though, and that was not fun for him. Other than that, he had a ball.
Reagan didn't really want help going across the stream. She did it herself. She did really well too. That water was COLD!!
There was a cave the kids wanted to explore, but we didn't bring flashlights so we peered in from the entrance.
Liam, Owen and Erin explored up and down the river. It was fun to see them playing together and being nice to each other.
Liam was brave and climbed up on this ledge. He was nervous, but totally did it. Good job Liam!
Owen climbed the rocks. He was on the very top of this ridge, but I didn't get a picture of it. I had to keep telling him to stay where I could see him.
Liam was a good brother and helped Reagan climb up and down the rocks. They all were making their mother very nervous, because what would I do if they fell?
On July 23, while everyone else is at the parade, we have a tradition that we get some fast food and go up the canyon to eat and hike around. Usually, we have the place pretty much to ourselves.
Here's the rock we climb up on each year. Everyone was able to get up mostly by themselves this year. They're getting bigger!
We like to take walks in cemeteries because there is shade, it is quiet, and there are some funny gravestones to read. I thought it ironic that Liam wore his zombie hunter shirt in a cemetery.
We have also been to the summer movie kids club and the kids have been taking tumbling lessons from a neighbor. The kids like to walk to grandma's house and we are getting a new park by our house, so we can just cut through the park to get to her house. We had a family reunion with my mom's side of the family and we just had a new cousin born (Hudson). We still have one family reunion, a marriage, hopefully Lagoon and I think we may camp out in our backyard this year. We just haven't had the time to actually go this summer.





















No comments:
Post a Comment