Saturday, June 6, 2015

Faith

So last month Reagan wanted to fast with us on fast Sunday.  I tried to discourage her, but she really wanted to do it.  We let her fast for one meal. We knelt to start our fast and she decided she wanted to fast for a pet.  In her words, she wanted "A pet, but not a chicken".  I explained that sometimes Heavenly Father can't give us what we want, He'll just give us what we need.  She insisted on continuing in her fast and did a really good job.  She didn't complain or anything.

Today Cameron was cleaning out our window wells and found four salamanders.  The kids took it as a sign we needed to keep them, one for each of them. Reagan decided it was an answer to her prayer.  I have decided we as parents needed a lesson in the faith of a child.  Thanks Reagan for being a good teacher.




They do have a new home now.  We bought two big Tupperware bins and the boys have two in their bin and the girls have two in their bin.

No comments: