Monday, March 10, 2008

Ready for Conference


Sometimes I feel like this, don't you? Things pushing in on each side and you're being squished. That's been how I've felt lately. I am ready for conference and the rejuvination that it brings. Cameron's spring break is next week. Hopefully that will help him feel less squished too. I feel bad complaining, because compared to Cameron, I don't have as much on my plate.
I always enjoy conference weekend. It seems there is always the one or two messages that I really needed to hear. It's been kind of an adjustment with three kids. Not as hard as I had it worked up in my mind to be, but it has been difficult. I'm outnumbered!! I have been hearing, though, from multiple sources, people, songs, text, etc. the words "you're gonna miss this!" I have taken it as a personal message and have really tried to enjoy the time of life that I'm in. It is a little sad to think that next year my Liam is going off to Kindergarten and out into the big world without me. I have tried to spend as much time with him as I can because he's not going to give spontaneous hugs and "I love yous" forever. I am not going to be the one he WANTS to hang out with forever, so while he wants to hang out with me, I am totally taking advantage.
Owen is smiling now. It is kind of fun to sit and talk to him and see his little face light right up and his smile. Erin has learned "Broncos". Is anyone surprised? She also enjoys telling "secrets". She whispers nonsense in your ear and laughs and laughs after she's done. She's funny.
Well. I'm tired. That daylight savings throws me for a loop for a while. Love to all!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I think I've commented every post you've done. I really liked what you said. That was a good perspective on things. I think I do forget to try and cherish life the way it is now. Lots to look forward to. You are a great mom. I look up to you.