Our Mr. Owen has had ear infections since July. We've been on multiple antibiotics and our doctor referred us to an ENT. Owen isn't hearing like our other kids, so we were going to have a hearing test and see if he needs tubes. The ENT told us he has lots of fluid behind both eardrums and that's probably the reason for the lack of hearing. It's probably muffled for him. So we get to do tubes! Yay for us. Really, I am so glad they have technology that can help us. I often think about those who have lived in ages without medicine technology and think we are so very blessed. I would have been one of the blind people begging on a street corner, because I can not see ANYTHING without my trusty glasses.My mantra is now, and always has been, and forever will be: "I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids..."

6 comments:
There's always something with kids, huh? I'm feelin' for you.
ARE YOU SERIOUS, that can not be leagal that just makes me sick. No matter how mad your kids make you sometimes they have their good days that you would miss. (you would think.)
That is a dang cute picture of the three kids! Hope everything goes well with Owen's ear tubes and that it helps him feel better!
Garrett got tubes this last March, and I can not tell you the difference. He actually sleeps at night now! The surgery is very quick. He had fluid behind his eardrums too. It just would never drain. Good luck, let me know how it goes!
Amy,
The children are so cute, each one of them. I check your blog every so often. It's fun. The tubes will be so wonderful, you'll see. I am also glad to be born in this modern age because I would have been right there with you as a "blind" person.
Miss you down here in the ward!
Hugs, Judy West
I am so grateful for modern medicine. Tubes are wonderful. They save so many trips to the Dr. office. We spent a week and half out at primary children's with Olivia because she had such a bad ear infection that it traveled up in to her skull. Then when we got home we had to give her medicine in a port that was in her arm that connected to her heart. Thank heavens for medicine that can help. Good luck.
Post a Comment