Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching up

Goodness, we've had a busy week or two. First of all, Liam got his patch. Here is a picture of him and his friend Kora who lives by us and has a patch too. They can be patch buddies. (I stole this picture off your blog MaryKate. Thanks!) He's doing pretty well with it thus far. He only has to wear it for four hours a day right now. It may go up or it may not. It also snowed here. My sister said the snow up where she lives melted really fast, but we still have about three inches. Owen really, REALLY wanted to go out, so we bundled everyone up and went out. Erin pooped out pretty fast. She got too cold. Owen decided it wasn't as cool as he thought it was going to be, so Erin, Owen and I went in while Liam stayed out and played with the neighbor boy in our yard until dark. Don't you remember the days when you could play all day long outside and never feel cold? Maybe it's because you're so short, your blood can circulate really fast. I got a couple of pictures of the snow. I need more time so I can get out and get some pretty ones.


A couple of trees in our neighborhood.

We also decorated our house for Christmas. Every year I trace the kids' hands and feet, make a reindeer and put the date on the back. It's fun to see them grow. Liam's hands and feet are on the top, Erin's on the bottom and Owen's is the lone one on the left that's all green.






Liam and Erin decorated the tree this year, can ya tell? I should put a picture of the whole tree on. Our tree is only about three feet tall. We put it up on a table in our window so it's decorated up until about the middle of the tree because the kids couldn't reach any higher. Of course we had to have Darth Vader...


....Superman and various other action figures on the tree. Mustn't let them feel left out of the festivities.




I have a shelf I hang the stockings on. It only has four pegs, so this year I put up two stocking hangers on the shelf to hang Cam and my stockings on. I must warn everyone that this is a very, very bad idea. I was laying on the couch and the kids were climbing and jumping on me when all of a sudden I am seeing stars. Being the nice, kind mom I am, I yell "Erin!" She is crying and crying and Cameron says "Look at her!" So I look and there's blood all over her face, in her hair, on her shirt and it's just dripping. I take my hand away from my head and there's blood everywhere on me too. Yes, yes someone had pulled on the stocking, pulling the stocking hanger down, hitting Erin on the head and ricocheting off her head and hitting mine. Those things are not light either. We cleaned ourselves up and after much crying (on Erin's part) and debating about whether stitches were needed (on my part), decided we were okay. Erin did really well and recovered quickly, although she did have a relapse when she jumped off the couch and bonked her head. More blood, more tears, etc. I, however, had the hugest headache in the world for a couple of days and couldn't even touch my pillow to my head because it hurt so much. They have healed okay. I think I'll have a little scar, but all is well.

Here is the vicious, vicious stocking hanger.


and the bonked on the head girls.

4 comments:

Karen said...

good idea with the reindeer thing, I wish I would have started that! Sorry about the heads! Hope you guys have a fun christmas!! Love ya!

MaryKate said...

Love the pictures, as usual. And I especially love the tree! I just love christmas trees that have meaning! YOu know all your favorite things, so that has to include super heros, right?!! love your kids.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

OUCH! That must have hurt so bad. I love the pictures of the snow. They are so beautiful. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Laurie said...

Can't wait to see your tree. Jax will be jealous of the guys on the tree. Let's see some more photogs of nature!