Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cameron Here...

Well, school's almost back in session so I thought I'd blog once before I get too busy again. It's going to be nice though, this is my last semester ever. It's about time. For anybody within the sound of my voice who is going to college, thinking about going to college, or who knows someone who is going, heed this advice: Don't change your major in college. Ever. Unless you want to take forever getting out. But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter every day.

One thing I have noticed about blogs is that they are posted on by women, mostly. At least the ones of the the friends and family that I've seen. The one exception is Drew and Alecia's blog. That one seems to be written almost all by Drew. The other thing I've noticed about blogs is that when people have a playlist of songs playing on their blog, I always without fail pause the music and have no desire to listen to it. I don't know why, but I just don't like most of the music, I guess.

The holidays were good around here. We got Erin off the pacifier, like Amy said. That was great. I got a new transmission in my car, that was not great. But we had a good Christmas. Although, we did end up shopping in Wal-Mart, which I hate. Aisles are too narrow, products too crappy, and the fellow shoppers invariably smell or look like they do. They converge on the crappy products, too. If you try to go down an aisle, you have to be wary of there being more than one person in the aisle, or they'll surely stop at the same point and block the whole thing. Even if there was a little room to squeeze by, who would want to risk rubbing up against that smell? I would have just dumped the cart, but we had stuff in it, so I had to wait for the human log-jam to clear, or a few times, I actually went down an aisle or two and came back down the other way to catch up to Liam. Don't even get me started on the checkout. This was even the Centerville location, which is new and "clean", not the 13th south store, which I lovingly compare to if the state of Utah was the human body, that store would be the anus.

We even went to Kmart. I haven't done that much shopping in, well, about a year I guess. Optimus Prime was on the TOP shelf at Kmart. Seven feet up. I had to arch my neck to see the dumb thing. Liam wanted me to hold him up to see it. So I got it down. Then he wanted to see the GI Joe's. They were at my eye level, so I had to hold him up and stroll along until he said to stop. Then he wanted to see all the other toys that were way too high for any little kid to see. I was so put off by the obvious lack of planning/stupidity of whoever laid out the shelves that we put everthing back on the shelf that we had hidden in the cart from the kids, and drove over to Target instead. Kmart is only better than Wal-Mart because there aren't any fellow shoppers, be they dirty or otherwise.

Wow, how was that for a Christmas rant? I prefer Target and Shopko, Happy Holidays to anyone supporting those stores.

Over Thanksgiving we went and saw Twilight. (Yes, nookie points big-time for that one!) The movie was okay. I actually tried listening to the audiobooks in the car, but I couldn't stomach my way through the first book. What's up with the way that series ended? Amy has told me all about the series, and I gotta say, that it ranks right up there with The Matrix movies for endings that make you want to punish yourself for wasting hours of your life that you'll never get back. Heck, I feel like I'll never get the 20 minutes back that Babe spent telling me how the whole thing goes down. But at least it was time spent with my wife. Good times.

Liam's funny, he keeps talking about moving to Bear Lake. We went there last summer and now he wants to move there permanently. I don't have the heart to tell him that it's not always warm and sunny up there, and that the lake is probably a bit freezing right now. He mentions matter-of-factly how we are going to buy a house at Bear Lake-this, and when we live at Bear Lake-that. Glad he enjoyed it.

One thing I've noticed since I've been around the house a bit more over the holidays. I like to watch the kid's show Arthur. It's really funny. DW cracks me up. The Simpson's doesn't have to worry about being overtaken, but it is a good show. Better than Sid the Science Kid, certainly. I don't know how Amy can take so many kids shows. Curious George is pretty good, too. Listen to me, I'm either getting too old, or I haven't been able to watch good TV in a while and my standards are slipping.

I don't know what else to write. I'm off to bed, and nightmares about shopping at Wal-Mart.

12 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Wow! Way to unload there Cam! Love ya. I'll miss you when I become a single mom again on Monday!!

Drew & Alecia Williamsen said...

Just to clarify, I, Drew do all the blogging on our blog. Alecia says it is my blog, even though her name is written all over it. Oh, and I couldn't agree more about Wal-mart!!

Lydia said...

Okay that was hilarious! I agree totally!

Laurie said...

Love your humor. The only thing Walmart is good for, is their inexpensive cereal and string cheese. Both are like half the price there for some reason.
And what a man to go with your wife to see Twilight. Greg wouldn't. Hope your last semester is a good and FAST one!!

MaryKate said...

Just to let you know, I always mute the music too. Sometimes I even like the music playing but I just don't want to hear it.
And thanks for the good laugh...My mom calls Wal-mart the devil store, so your not alone. Yet we all seem to make it over there sometime or another!

Carrie Cole said...

Cameron you are funny. Try watching the wonder pets. I would come home from work and Shawn would be singing it because Jackson had watched it. That music will stick with ya! Remind me next time I see ya to tell you about Jackson and Go Diego Go! You guys will have to come down to the hospital, the baby will be here in a couple of weeks. Tell your cute wife I will call her.

Just me! said...

Ahahahah!!! That was the best post I have read in days!! Go Cameron!!

Julie said...

My husband is loving this post. He echos your sentiments 100%!! I hate Walmart because their stupid flip flops gave me a cemical burn 2 weeks after Jamison was born. It looked like my feet were burned off, totaly grosssssss!!!!They were all recalled of course but Walmart couldn't have cared otherwise. I hate them too, but the strech my little penny the farthest. Dang Walmart!!
but hey, congrats on the final semester!!

April said...

So Cameron, do you have an opnion about Walmart?

mom

Jenn said...

Hey Cam,
You haven't experienced anything until you've shopped at the Burley WalMart. No kidding, no kidding, no kidding. Although things have improved, I can take only about an hour and then I am rushing home to have a shower. :o)
Tell Amy hello and hugs to you both. We'll call you when we are in town next!

Karen said...

Shannon loved Aurtur, shows you how long it's been around. DW is basically ummm, shannon! Sorry, I have to disagree about the walmart thing. Ours are clean and dang good deals! guess you just need to move here!!

Anonymous said...

For some of us and have no choice on where we shop, I would be one of those stinky, smelly Walmart goers. And I do buy their crappy products also. Sorry that you have to associate with one of them. Next time I see you I will try to not rub my stinky smell on you. And maybe if you got your wife out of that small thing you call a house, she wouldn't have to watch all those kid cartoons. One more thing, I do not need to know that going to the movie Twillight gave you nookie points. Not a image I need in my mind about my little sister. Love ya.