Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happier Note

On a happier note, Rachel is doing better. She is still in the ICU, but is off the ventilator and some of her medication pumps. They are thinking she may be able to go home this weekend. We are so glad and thankful!!



On another happier note, it was Cameron's birthday on the 12th. He had to go to school in the morning, then work, then school again that night so it was kind of a bummer birthday for him, but I let the kids stay up until he got home so they could sing to him and eat some cake together. Since he turned 33 and I have seen this on other blogs, I thought I would try it out...

33 things about Cameron
1. His first name is not Cameron
2. He is an avid Denver Broncos fan.
3. He has been going to college for an insane almost 12 years!!
4. He changed his major
5. He speaks French
6. One of his fondest wishes is to be able to walk to work...no commute.
7. He loves loves loves anything electronic.
8. He is a computer whiz.
9. He had never been around kids when we got married, but now he has a soft spot for kids.
10. He has this weird ability to sleep on problems or decisions and wake up with the right answer.
11. Being an avid Broncos fan, he took me to a Broncos game for our honeymoon.
12. He can name any city by it's skyline.
13. He's a great dad. He'll play hide and seek over and over and over and over and has tea parties with Erin.
14. He likes metal music...I don't even know if you would describe it that way. I call it "screaming music".
15. He's got a really dry sense of humor. Some people don't know he's joking, but he's quite hilarious.
16. He's a very well rounded, smart person. Taking all those college classes didn't hurt!
17. He hates winter and could live forever without snow.
18. He's a collector of movies.
19. He can get along with anyone. He had lots of companions on his mission because his president would send him those missionaries who couldn't get along with anyone else but knew Cameron could make it work.
20. He's really good at putting people at ease.
21. He's the most confident guy I know.
22. He is a great artist. He can draw and paint. His favorite is watercolor.
23. He hates Barney but will watch it with his kids because they like it.
24. He had braces up until the day before we got married.
25. He hates dancing
26. He gets motion sickness really easy (see #25.)
27. He lived in lots of houses growing up and so has the best memory ever! He remembers things by the house he lived in, so he remembers years and events really well.
28. He can eat the same thing for lunch forever and not get sick of it.
29. He reads lots of books by listening to them on CD.
30. He's a good explainer. He can take complex ideas and break them down so the kids (or even me) can understand them.
31. He works really hard to provide for his family and make a better life for us.
32. He had his hand stiched up by a drunk French doctor.
33. He's the best person I know.
Love you Cam!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Amy--We are so glad to hear about your niece. Hopefully all will continue to be well. HUG, big HUGS, to Cam for us. We just love you guys.

Laurie said...

Glad to hear about Rachel. Hope she continues to get better. What a neat hubby you have. You said such nice things. But being his sister, I guess I have to agree with you.

Anonymous said...

i was happy about rach too!! i love cameron! he's an awesome uncle. tell him happy birthday! :)

Karen said...

wow I learned some things about cameron I didn't know! Thanks for thinking and praying for rachel! Love you!!