Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Owen

Happy Birthday to my teeny guy. This year has really gone by quickly. Mr. Owen is now one year old. He has started walking all over the place, so I guess he's officially a toddler, not my baby anymore.
So, one year ago last week, I was scheduled to be induced. Great! I love being induced, I was induced with Erin and it was fine. I was scheduled for 7:30 in the morning, but about 3:15 that morning, I was having really bad dreams about this really bad stomachache I kept getting over and over. I woke up and it was no dream, it was contractions. They were about five minutes apart and I sat for a while, timing them and finally decided we had better go to the hospital. We called Cam's mom and she came over to watch the kids. While I was getting dressed to go, my water broke, so back into my pajamas I went. Now, my babies come fast and the hospital was 20 minutes away, so I was getting a little worried. Cameron ran a few red lights and my contractions were such that I couldn't walk by the time we got to the hospital. They brought a wheelchair out and took me directly into the delivery room and I said "My babies come really fast so I need an epidural now if I'm going to get one." The well-meaning nurse just said, "well, we'll see. We'll just check you and see what's going on." I love the nurses, just some of them think you don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, she checked and I was all ready to go, but no doctor. She said "Just don't push!" Whatever! Anyway, the doctor just barely showed up in time, one push and here was Owen! It was an hour and a half from start of contractions to Owen showing up. Cameron says when we have another one, we have to live closer to the hospital. I agree. I thought I was safe having the induction all scheduled, but Owen had his own ideas I guess. He wanted to come on his own terms.

All three of my kids had squished noses when they were born.

The proud brother and very indifferent sister.


You don't remember how small they come...


Happy First Birthday Owen!!

Excited to be one.
Look at my cute little man growing up.


We love you Owen! Thank you for coming to our family and being such a good and happy boy!



9 comments:

Tara L. said...

They sure don't stay little long, that is for sure. I love the cake you made. So cute! Happy Birthday to Owen. What a cute big boy!

Julie said...

Happy birthday Owen!!! Boy time sure does fly by. And I too love the cake. YUMMY!!!!! :)

Karen said...

Hey cute cake! Where did you get that idea? I have never seen one like that before. I'm sure Jenna would like that, maybe I could talk her out of superman or batman to that, it looks easier! Owen is soooooo cute! such a happy little guy!

Nik said...

Oh, it makes me sad that they don't stay babies for very long. Third babies are great, very little pushing required and out they come! :)

MaryKate said...

I love it, he's so cute and his smile is too cute. I can't believe he's one already, happy birthday Owen!!

Laurie said...

where did you get the idea for the cake. I need to be more creative. Baby O is such a little boy now. Let's hope he'll be eating food by the time he's two?? he he he

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Wow, good thing Cam ran a few red lights! I love Owen's smile it makes me want to smile when I look at your blog. It's true smiles are contagious! The cake you made is so cute. Good job!

Laurie said...

What a cute little guy! Happy Birthday! Miss you guys coming out here to do hair!

Dan & Ashley said...

What a cute little boy! I can't believe he's already 1. Cute cake, too!