Friday, February 20, 2009

Friends

I have been feeling really thankful for friends lately. So I want to tell my friends thank you! Thank you for calling and chatting and letting my kids come over to your house (without notice sometimes). Thank you for coming to my house and hanging out and bringing us food and treats just because. I don't know how I would get through this part of my life without you. You know who you are!! I love you guys!
I also am so glad my kids are good friends. I have tried to stress that A LOT with them. I tell Liam he's the big brother, so he has to be nice and protective of the other two and that they watch him to see how they should act. I didn't know if it was really sinking in, but the other day, Liam had a friend over and the friend called Erin a "bad girl". It made Erin sad and I heard Liam say "Hey, don't say that to my sister!" YAY!!! I'm glad he has that feeling of love and protectiveness toward her.
Erin is naturally thoughtful. If she's getting anything, a treat, a vitamin, a toy, whatever, she always makes sure she gets one for Liam too. I really want all of them to stay close and know they have a friend in their sibling.

The other day I found Liam and Erin in the corner, talking and eating Cheez-its. It was a fun moment for me as a mom.




Yay for siblings and the good friends they can be!!




3 comments:

MaryKate said...

good for Liam!! Now if it can rub off on Sylvi and Kora. My main problem is Sylvi won't let Kora be her friend a lot of the time!! Go figure. And about Erin she even includes the mom and dad. She wanted some candy hearts and she said I need one for Liam, Me, Mom and Dad!! I just love her.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

That makes my heart melt. What a good brother to stand up for his sister. Good job for teaching them the value of family. I think sometimes in our society that gets lost. I am glad your niece is doing better. Did she get to come home yet? Your still in our prayers. Have a great weekend.

Karen said...

they are so cute!