Monday, April 6, 2009

April...Finally


Hallelujah! It's April. March was a horrid month for us. Our car got totalled, we had Cameron's identity stolen, were informed two of our children need surgery (still need to get that scheduled), had Doctors appointments galore, had ear infections, sinus infections and pink eye. We had Kindergarten roundup (which, on the way to, we ran out of gas), had some bad news from Cameron's work (we still have a job, everything's fine), my washer conked out on me and when we went to the store to get the foam mattress you'll read about later in this post, Liam tipped the cart over with all my children in it. It landed right on top of him. The lady at the counter took forever helping us, and when I say forever, I mean FOREVER!! It was about 30 minutes. Then when we went over into 'domestics' to pick up the mattress topper, the lady there took another 20 minutes. While she was looking for the correct topper, Erin and Owen were playing around and Erin was "helping" Owen walk. I told her not to push him so, of course, she pushed him, then promptly fell on top of him. It split his top and bottom lips open. Blood everywhere. I took Erin off of him, not as gently as I should have and all three of my children were sobbing in the store. (Liam was still sad from the earlier cart tipping incident). I sat down in the middle of the aisle with my bloody crying baby in my lap and my sobbing Erin at my side. Liam was sitting in the cart crying and there I was, blocking people's way. Fun times! Hopefully all that is behind us now. Onward and upward right? Conference came in a timely manner. I enjoyed all that I was able to listen to. It's hard to get everything with kids running around.
Even with all the negative, it is really hard to overlook our blessings.
* The countdown has begun to graduation. Only FOUR MORE WEEKS until the long awaited Masters!
* Our kids are happy and healthy.
* We got an awesome deal on a memory foam mattress topper. I highly recommend it to everyone. Even though it has been almost five years since I have slept completely through the night, the time spent between trips to the kids' room has been spent in delicious slumber.
* We do have one car that is still working.
* We have awesome neighbors who offered to let us use their car for a while.
* It has been very spring-y, thus more time spent outside.
* I had time to de-clutter our house over the weekend. That's seven garbage bags full of stuff we won't have to move when we move. More for the DI!
*I have a little girl who doesn't care what people think when she gets dressed in the morning (note the picture at the beginning of the post).
There's lots of others, too numerous to write down. I've gotta say though, I'm not going to miss March one bit. Good riddance!

6 comments:

MaryKate said...

Amen to that - And boy do I love that little girls style!!!!

Tara L. said...

Oh my. I hope your April is Awesome!

Happy2Bme said...

I can't believe that you're still alive! You are amazing! At least April is starting off with some better weather.

Laurie said...

Wow! Thank goodness March is over!! I love those mattress toppers they really are the best! What kind of surgery do the kids need? Sorry to hear that! Here's to April!!!

Karen said...

Jenna is right there with the fashion on Erin, yesterday she wore jeans with a hole in the knee "I promise mom, this is the last time" with her cowboy boots of corse the jeans are tucked into the boots cause they are too wide for the pants to go over them. Her "you are driving me bananas" t shirt and her wild curly mop of hair :) gotta love her!!

Laurie said...

What's that saying, that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. So you must be like Wonder Woman, the strongest woman in the universe! I thought I had a bad March, but I think you win. Thank goodness for spring! I know things will just get better for you guys from here on out! I appreciate your optimism at the end of the post too.