Monday, January 4, 2010

Can I??

AHHH!  Today is one of those days that being a mom is not my favorite.  If I hear the words Can I or Mom one more time, I may scream!!  Mom, can I watch Spongebob?  Mom, can I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  Mom, can I have some marshmallows?  Mom, can I play X-box?  Mom, can I have lunch?  Mom, it's 12:03, it's past lunchtime.  Hurry hurry!!  Mom, I can't find my shoes.  (never mind that I asked him to find his shoes twenty minutes earlier when we weren't late for school.)  Mom, I don't have a pencil, I guess I can't do my homework.  Mom, my shirt is wonky.  Mom, my shoes are wonky.  Mom, my coat is wonky!  Mom, can you make Owen be quiet, I can't hear.  Mom, who are you talking to?  (said while I'm on the phone)  Mom, I hate that I don't have any clean clothes, can't you do the laundry faster?  Mom, did you do your hair today because it looks ugly.  And from my little one, I get screams.  He has learned NO!  In fact, he doesn't want to climb the stairs by himself right now, so he is at the bottom of the stairs screaming to let me know he is very put out.  Just had to vent.  Love my kids, love being a mom, just not my favorite day today.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Liam is NEVER going to have a wife I think!!!! ha ha, he is funny, I do have MUCH sympathy for you!! been there, done that, no wait... DOING that! :)

Beth said...

Amy, sounds so familar.. only i get like five moms in a row. mom, mom MOM MOM!!!! Let's run away together okay.. ;P

MaryKate said...

Oh I am so with you girl. Sorry that is made me laugh....been there doing that. Just know that you're not alone...

Jenn said...

Hey you,
If you don't want to sell your kids on eBay at least once a week, your not doing it right. It's NEVER about not loving being a mom and your kids, it's about loving to do it realistically.....hence, why eBay sounds attractive some days. You are a fabulous Mom!

Carrie Cole said...

Yah some days I can't believe that I am not bald by the time Shawn gets home from work! I know how ya feel. No I wish I was that talented, I got their quilts from overstock.com You are good at quilting you could just cut different denims out into puzzle pieces and sew it up. They have sheets that match too, but I haven't been able to get any, I guess they are out. Oh well red and blue sheets work great.