Thursday, February 18, 2010

Updates

I have no pictures today, just little jots and tittles of life as it has been happening at our house. 
  • The kids are loving Spongebob Squarepants.  If they could watch it all day, they would.  because of this, Erin has started saying "Aye Aye Captain!" every time I ask her to do something.  Liam has tried making Crabby Patties, and Owen screams along to the theme song. 
  • Owen thinks every bear he sees is Pooh bear.  Thus, he calls bears Poohs.  He also tells us "cheese"  when he's hungry. 
  • Liam and Erin teamed up with a couple of neighbor kids and started a rock stand.  Yes, they sell rocks.  It was a very rainy Saturday.  They were selling rocks for 5-25 cents a piece.  They even had "diamonds"!  Liam asked us if he and Erin could go out and "help attract customers".  His words.  After a while, they came to the door soaking wet asking for hot chocolate.  Liam said "There's some kids selling hot chocolate down the road, but you have to pay 50 cents for it.  I don't want to pay 50 cents when I can get it for free from home!"  Smart kid.  After their rock stand was done, I asked if they had sold any rocks.  He said "Yes, we did!  We sold four.  (Starts ticking these off on his fingers) one to me, one to Erin, another to me and another one to Erin."
  • We have gotten rid of Owen's Mom.  That is what he called his pacifier.  He finally bit through all of his plugs and would put them in his mouth and say "yuck!"  So, I told him he broke them all and he was okay with that.  Every once in a while he'll ask for his mom, but I remind him they are broken and he's good...after a while. 
  • Liam went on his first field trip and got to ride on a bus.  He was very impressed with the bus and the stairs going up to the firehouse.  He was impressed also with how the firemen got dressed in under a minute.  He's going to try and do that too.  (cue the intense laughter of his mom who has to tell him 75 times a morning to get dressed.)  He also go to go to the grocery store and got to eat samples of brownies.
  • Liam is reading really well.  He brought home a book from school yesterday called "Where Does the Water Go?"  It's a National Geographic book and had words like evaporation and garden, raining, water vapor, etc.  He read it with only a little help.  I was really impressed. 
  • Erin has a favorite shirt.  It's a shirt she made in preschool.  It's brown and has her hands painted on it to look like spiders.  Oh my, does she love this shirt.  I know this is disgusting and gross, but she will wear it during the day and then sleep in it at night, then wear it the next day and sleep in it.  This goes on and on.  She refuses to wear any other shirt and there is a war when I have to wash it.  I would love her to wear her other shirts, but am out of ideas.
  • Erin and Owen have started playing together more.  She's a little bossy, but he's at the age that he doesn't mind...too much.  It's fun to hear them play and then sometimes I'll hear a crash and then "Are you okay buddy?"  "Uh huh!" and then the playing recommences.  She  likes to play house with him.  He doesn't really know what they're playing, he just tags along.  Right now they are playing like they are taking their stuffed animals to the doctor. 
  • Owen loves dogs and likes to be a dog a lot...A LOT.  He crawls around and says "fruff fruff" anywhere we are.  Supermarket, library, church, anywhere.  He has no qualms about approaching other people and fruffing at them.  Then he hangs his tongue out of his mouth and pants.  He'll also stay where he is and fruff at them until we go get him and say "good doggie."  Fun stuff.
That's some of the stuff I've been meaning to write down but haven't felt up to.  We've been sick for a couple of weeks at our house.  All I have left to say is COME ON SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

they are so funny it's good that you are writing this stuff down cause trust me....you will forget it!