From "Will": (the act or process of using or asserting one's choice; volition) and "iamsen": (The luckiest guy in the world married to the best wife in the world with the coolest kids in the world)
Monday, March 15, 2010
Sick of sickness
We have been sick at our house for quite a while. Erin, Liam, Owen and I all got colds about a month ago. Liam and I got over ours, but Erin's lingered and Owen's turned into pneumonia. We took him into InstaCare and found this out, got antibiotics and he started getting on the mend. Erin and Owen got better, but then Friday night Erin complained about her tummy hurting. She didn't eat much and about 7:30, started throwing up. She threw up about eight times that night and kept throwing up on Saturday. I called her doctor and they said they thought we should take her to Primary Childrens. Sigh. I love Primary Childrens, but have never, never had a quick experience there. It's always waiting and waiting. So, Erin and I were off in the van to the hospital. I had to pull over a couple of times on the way because she was still throwing up. We got there and after much waiting, got her back to see a nurse. They decided they needed to start IV fluids because she was dehydrated and her glucose levels were low. So we get the IV and wait some more. She got a couple of bags of solution in her and zonked out. After about 4 hours in the waiting room, we got back to a room. They decided to see if she could keep anything down. They gave her 1/2 oz of gatorade and 15 minutes later, another 1/2 oz. She threw it up. She got some medicine and we waitied some more. We tried again with the gatorade and waited. The doctor gave her a popsicle and waited. He told us we could either send her home with the IV, stay the night for observation, or go home and hope she keeps things down. She seemed to be doing better, so I opted to come home. So, after eight hours in the emergency room, we came home. She was so hungry and so thirsty, she wanted water and a sandwich, but the doctor had said to wait on the solid foods, so I couldn't give it to her. Poor girl. She seemed okay yesterday, but today is pretty low again. Hopefully she'll get over this thing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Julie told me about poor Erin. I feel so bad for her and you. I hope she starts feeling better soon!!
mk
So scary!!! I'm glad she is doing better. Sick families are the WORST!!!
Post a Comment