Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cabin Fever

This summer we were fortunate enough to get to go to a cabin by Pineview Reservoir and hang out with Cameron's family for a weekend.  The kids had a really fun time and keep asking when we get to go again.  The cabin belonged to my brother-in-law's friend, but he has since sold it, so we will have to go up sans cabin next year I suppose.

A few days before we went, though, the three older kids were riding their scooters and bikes around on our driveway.  Owen and Liam decided it would be fun to ride down the neighbor's driveway and this was the result.





Our neighbor's driveway is a lot steeper than ours is and Owen biffed it at the end of the driveway and fell on his face in the road.  Poor kid.

Anyway, back to the cabin.  We got to hang out, eat, play games, have fun with cousins, roast marshmallows, watch movies, chat, and go to the beach.  It made for fun times and good memories.

Grandma brought some lawn games and the kids all liked badminton. 


 Owen liked jumping off of this fireplace onto the grass.


Erin liked badminton too and...


...riding her scooter all over.


Reagan was content to just crawl all over the place...


...and give loves to Rafe, whom she loved.  He was a very good sport about it.


Uncle Greg gave rides on the 4 wheeler.  Erin went too, but I somehow missed that picture.


Reagan, managing to still smile through the constrictive-ness of the life jacket.



Again, somehow I missed taking Liam's picture in his life jacket.







Cameron was really good to swim with the kids and go on the tube with them.  It was an overcast day and I was freezing cold and just couldn't bring myself to get in the freezy water.  I watched the baby, shuttled people and made lunches.  Good enough for me! 

No comments: