Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What We've Been Up To

 We go to go to Vernal to visit Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins for a few days.  It was loads of fun and now the kids would like to live there.  When we were there, it coincided with the death of a fallen soldier that was from Vernal.  His body was being flown in to be buried and they were going to have a processional around the town before taking him to the funeral home.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to teach the kids about soldiers and the price some pay for our freedom, so we hopped into the back of my nephew's truck and off we went.
 

 The route the casket took was lined with flags.  It was quite patriotic.  There were policemen, firemen, the soldier's family and a whole lot of motorcycle people that accompanied the hearse. 



 Liam got a science experiment kit for his birthday and we took it to Vernal and did a couple of experiments.  This is glow in the dark alien blood.  They all thought it was cool.


We also had Miss Reagan's first birthday.  She's such a fun girl.  She still isn't even interested in walking.  She is a great crawler and can get places okay that way, which is fine by me.


I made her a purple elephant cake.  Happy 1st Reagan Roo!


She loves dirt.  If there is a choice between grass and dirt, she'll play in the dirt every time.  Cameron and I were getting some bushes pulled out and she found this most delicious rock to eat.


She is also a really good helper.  Every time I do the dishes, she is right there, ready to sit on the dishwasher and help in any way she can.  Pulling silverware out, moving dishes around, whatever it takes.


The first day of school came and went.  Liam is in 2nd grade, Erin is in Kindergarten and Owen just wanted to be in the picture.  He also really really wanted to go to school.  Two more years buddy!


While we were in Vernal, Grandma pulled Liam's front tooth out.  His other front one is pretty wiggly.  I think this is the sixth tooth he's lost.


Erin wanted a ladybug cake for her birthday, and boy did she get it.  She really was glad to turn five because, as she kept telling me, "all my friends are five mom and I don't want to be four anymore."  Alas,  I think this is how it will be her entire life, being that she is the youngest in her class.  Happy 5th Erianna!!


Owen has been doing his very best to be the best mess maker he can be.  This here is lip gloss that he emptied out all over his arm and the carpet in the girls' room.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself that I took a picture instead of yelling.  I really wanted to yell though.


I've been canning.  I got a ton of apples from my parent's tree and my friends and I went to town canning.  We got 87 quarts of applesauce and 35 quarts of apple pie filling. We still had half a box of apples left.  I am so done with apples.  I have two 5 gallon buckets of pears upstairs calling my name waiting to be canned though.  Sigh.


We've been working in our "garden".  Well, it will be our garden next year.  Right now it's just our weed patch full of cinder blocks, flagstone and  pavers.  The people who owned this house before us loved cinder block so much, they lined their rose garden with it, sometimes burying them two deep.  Great fun for us.  I'll put an after picture on here when we're done.  I spin trimmed the weeds, raked them up and am in the process of getting the rest of the rocks out.  We'll till it up and I'll post an after picture.


And, in closing, I tried to be a good mom and give my family cinnamon rolls for breakfast one time.  I put them in and was doing the dishes when BOOM, something exploded in the oven.  Oh wait, that was my Pyrex pan exploding in the oven.  Glass all over my oven and all in the cinnamon rolls.  It was a nice thought though right?

3 comments:

Karen said...

um, you could have cropped me OUT of that picture!! sheeze! you are such a busy mommy!! You are doing a fabulous job!! Love ya!

Jenn said...

Amy, you are supermom.....holy cow. That Reagan is DARLING! Oh my gosh, I want to just kiss on her. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Hugs to everyone!

Tiffany said...

Ugh, the pyrex thing kills me, just because I know how I would have felt! But kuddos for the effort. Your kids are darling, we miss you!