Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Some Catching Up

My computer that I edit my photos on is down and probably gone for a while, so no photos this post.  Just my musings today before I forget to even write.
The first day of school has come.  I do have pictures of that, I'll post them when I can convert them.  Liam is in 2nd grade and Erin is in Kindergarten.  Surprisingly, of the two of them, Erin has liked it better.  Liam is having a hard time being at a new school and not knowing anyone.  He gets a little lonely at recess because he doesn't know anyone to play with.  It breaks my heart to see him struggle with this.  He is such a fun kid and makes friends really easy.  He's my one that always has a new friend every time we go to the park.  This time has been more difficult for him and I can't do much about it.  It's hard when you have to just give advice, talk to them and pray and leave it up to Heavenly Father and them.  I'm sure all will be well as the year goes on.
Erin has loved going to school and knows how to read I, see and like.  School comes really easily for Liam so far, but I think it may take more work for Erin.  She is doing really well and loves her teacher. 
Owen really wanted to go to school on the first day and had his backpack on and everything.  That day was just horrible because he wanted to go so badly and just cried and cried because he couldn't go.  He's doing better now, though he wants to play with mom all the time the kids are gone.  I would love to play with him all day, but I just can't and that can be frustrating for him.
Liam lost another tooth, which brings the total to 5 now.  Crazy.  He has known since even before he lost his first tooth that there is no Tooth Fairy (not to mention no Easter Bunny) and I have threatened him with the loss of any future Tooth Fairy money or Easter Bunny treats if he ever lets slip that they are not real to the other kids.  He told his cousin about the Tooth Fairy, so no more money for him (at least for a while).
Let's see, what else?  Reagan is crawling all over the place and cruising around the couches and chairs.  She has no desire to walk though.  Which is okay by me.  She had her 1st birthday, (pictures coming) and has developed a bit of a temper when she doesn't get what she wants.  She loves her daddy to pieces and has nothing to do with me when he is home.
Erin turned 5 and delights in telling people "I'm five now, just so you know."  She has been measuring her hands and feet to see if they are any bigger than when she was four.  She seems to be coming out of her shell, just a little bit.  She even talked to her teacher on the first day of school which is huge folks, just huge!
Because of the birthdays, Owen can't wait to be four and keeps telling me "Me too tired to wait for four mom."  or "Me been waiting so long mom!" 
Our van was also MIA for about two weeks.  It was totally my fault.  I was trying to shut the windows in the back of the van because they stick sometimes and it wasn't working.  My kids were screaming (It was that wonderful first day of school I told you about) and I just wanted to get them inside, so I got the kids in and forgot about the windows and I left the keys in the ignition on the on position all night and drained the battery.  My friend Julie came over and used her big muscles to push it out enough to pull her car in and jump it.  It didn't work.  Cameron tried to jump it and it didn't work.  So we decided we would have to tow it to a fixer upper place.  We borrowed Cameron's parent's car and got the tow rope hooked up and we were off.  I was driving the van and Cameron was towing us.  Just as we got to the busiest intersection we needed to pass, Cameron started going and the tow rope broke.  Not only did it break, but the hook went flying somewhere and we couldn't find it.  So Cameron tied it onto the van and off we went.  Just as we crossed the intersection, there is a bit of a hill we had to go up and the rope broke again.  Sigh.  Tie it on again and here we go again.  We got to the place and they decided after a day of looking at it that it is the security system in the van that's not letting us start it.  They don't know how to do it, so they suggested towing it to the dealership.  We didn't want any part in towing it again, so paid to have it towed.  The dealership said when we tried to jump the van, it fried the chip in our key and shut down the security system and we would have to get a whole new computer to reset it.  They quoted us an exorbitant amount and just like that, doubled what we owe on the van.  Cameron tried to call around and get a lower quote and found a locksmith that said he could do it for half the price.  We had the van towed there and they decided they couldn't do what they said they could do after all and suggested taking it back to the dealer.  Really?  They even charged us for it.  Whatever.  So, pay for another tow to the dealership and pay for a new computer and two weeks later I have my van back.  I will never, never do that again.   I have learned my lesson and will be paying for it for a while. 
That's about all the news we have going on.  Exciting eh?  Hopefully I can get pictures on next time...

1 comment:

Hermana Maw said...

Hey! It sounds like you've had quite an interesting few weeks. I hope things look up soon. Car troubles stink.

:) Leisha