Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Erin

So cute Erin had a birthday.  She turned eight years old.  A couple of posts ago, I posted about her birthday party with her friends.  Now here's her parties with just our family, and all the aunts, uncles and cousins who came to see her be baptized.



She got lots of fun presents for getting baptized.  I think a few of her favorites were a scripture bag she takes to church with her every week, a couple BYU themed items because she loves the Y, candy and a picture of the temple she keeps on her dresser in her room.  She was so excited for everyone to be here, though you couldn't tell.  She doesn't like to be the center of the attention, but she loves having everyone around her.


Why didn't we get a pic of her in her baptism suit?  Because I was running around trying to find Cameron's bag and it started without me, so we didn't get to take pictures before.  The baptism was nice.  We had a party beforehand and had tacos with everyone and then did the baptism and conformation and were done.  So much quicker than the three hours it took with Liam.  She got to go with Grandma April and buy a new outfit for the day and that made her feel pretty special too.  She really wanted Grandpa Lee to be a witness at her baptism, but he was unable to do it because of his Alzheimer's.  One tender moment that will stick with me though, is after she was confirmed, I turned around to look at the people behind me and I caught sight of Lee.  He was sitting and smiling so wide.  He was just so happy!  I knew his spirit knew what was going on even though his mind didn't.  It was a very spiritual and tender moment for me to witness. 


Here is her cake she designed.  She picked colors and where everything would go and the whole bit.   


Erin loves to draw and color and create.  I forgot to mention she got a lot of markers and paper for her birthday too.  These were also some of her favorite gifts.  She has been writing a story and illustrating it and has done a really nice job.  She's really good at drawing and coloring and the like. 


Happy Birthday cute girl! 


This picture is one I just didn't know where to put.  This is Liam's hat that he bought at his class store.  He thought it was pretty fun. 


This is Liam and Ethan his cousin.  They climbed up the tree and wanted their picture taken.  Then they couldn't get down.  It was a bit of an ordeal to get Liam out.  Ethan just decided to jump.

No comments: