Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Funeral

Cameron's dad passed away on Oct. 22.  How do you sum up what a person meant to you and your family in one blog post?  You can't, so I won't.  Lee has been on my mind quite a bit lately.  We sure will miss him.  I loved how he would tease and he was totally fine with being teased back.  When I first married into Cameron's family, I wasn't sure how to take his Dad's sense of humor.  He kidded me a lot about being from Vernal and for reading Harry Potter.  He told me it was a kids' book and asked why in the world would I read it?  I had Cameron get the books on tape for him to listen to in his truck and he became as much a fan as anyone.  Cameron is sad his Dad is gone because he can't talk with him anymore.  Even though it is such a happy thing for Lee, the rest of us are left without him.


It was so nice to get everyone together.  It was fun to see cousins from far away.  Erin and Reagan were especially sad to see them go home when it was over. 


I love this one because it's fun, but I LOVE Laney in this one.  It makes me laugh every time. 


The grandchildren sang Families Can Be Together Forever and I am a Child of God.  They did super.  The siblings all talked and gave nice memories of their Dad and Greg gave a spiritual thought, which turned out so nice.  Lee's sisters also spoke about their memories of their brother.  


This is at the viewing.  I was so exhausted and I didn't even do anything.  I felt for Cameron and his siblings and April who had to stand and do the comforting of others.   


The boys (and girls) got to go through Grandpa's ties.  They each chose at least one and most got a tie clip to go with it.  They all wore their ties to the funeral the next day.  It was fun to see that little touch that no one really knew about, but the family. 



This is one of my favorite pictures.  It shows my Owen being so reverent, putting his boutonniere on Grandpa's casket.  He's not much of a thinker, he's more of a doer, so to see him like this is touching for me. 


This is also a favorite.  I can see him thinking about the day, putting it together in his mind.  The other grandchildren have turned away, but he took just a minute more and thought about it.  That's a special moment for Owen. 









 This is such a pretty picture of the grave site.


It was pretty chilly, so the kids wrapped up in blankets provided by the mortuary.  




 We went up afterward and the kids got to pick some flowers to remember Grandpa. 



Liam had the hardest time of all my kids I think.  I am so very, very grateful I have the gospel in my life so I have the answers to the questions my kids have asked.  This was a hard time for Cameron and the family, but we are so happy for Lee.  We're happy he is happy again and whole again.  We love you Lee!!

No comments: