6:00 am: Erin: Mom? Wate up mom!! 'Mere, mom, Eat!!
Eating, dressing, screaming,
Liam: "Can I take a shower mom? I am four now and I need to take showers every each day. I'm too old for baths mom."
8:00 am: To the store.
Me: "Stay in the cart guys" (repeat 50 times) "No, we can't get candy bud, sorry" (repeat 30 times)
Wrestling, threatening, rocking (Owen), crying.
Nice man in line looking at me holding one child, wrestling with one and telling one he can't get candy: "Boy, you have your hands full!"
Owen: Throws up all over the counter and me.
10:00 am: Neighbor kids over.
Screaming, playing, running
Liam: "Oops mom, sorry, I spilled water all over the counter." (And the floor and the cupboards and the toilet paper and the Q-tips)
Erin: "Me play too!" (followed by tears, repeated too many times to count)
11:00 am: Me: Seriously? It's only 11:00?
12:00 pm: Erin: "Yunch mom, Yunch!!"
Liam: "Yeah mom, I'm hungry, I want red juice and cinnamon rolls! And I want to eat in the living room and watch Spiderman!!"
Me: "No, no cinnamon rolls for lunch and we have to eat at the table."
Screaming, crying, weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth.
1:00 pm: Neighbor girl still over.
Me: Maybe you should check in with your mom. Does she know where you are?
Neighbor girl: No, she doesn't care, I just have to be home at six. Will you tell me when it's six o'clock?
2:00 pm: Me: Maybe we can go to grandma's and swim in the little pool.
Chorus (including neighbor girl): Yeah!!
Send neighbor girl home.
2:30 pm: Filling up pool. Screaming, crying, feeding Owen
Liam: "No baby, don't squirt me with the water!" Puts Erin in headlock and dunks her in pool.
Erin: Screams "No La La!!" (La La is Liam's name) (Splashes him in the face with water)
Owen: Laughing because his siblings are sooooo funny.
3:00 pm: Liam: "We're done mom! Let's go inside!"
Me: You are so not done! I packed you guys up to come swim and you only swam for 10 minutes!! Keep swimming.
Grouchiness, grumbling, complaining.
4:00 pm: Home again. Coloring.
Liam: (Laughing and yelling) "Moooom, look what Erin did!"
Blue marker all over wall. Where did she get the marker? No idea!
Cleaning, muttering, wiping, drying.
Liam: "Moooom, look at Owen!"
Erin has found yet another marker, (which I thought I'd thrown away) and drawn all over her brother.
Counting to ten, holding breath, leaving room, locking self in bathroom.
Pounding on the door: Liam: Mom, whatcha doing in there?
Erin: Mommy, mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mom, mom, mommy.
Owen: Crying
5:00 pm: Me: Let's go outside and play.
Liam: It's too hot!
Me: Yeah, well, too bad, we get to go out and play, yay!!
5:30 pm: Dad home.
Relief, gratitude, happiness.
6:00 pm: Making dinner.
Erin: Pulling chair up to counter "Me do, me do!!"
Me: No, how about you help mom?
Erin Louder "No! Me do!!"
Screaming, crying, tears.
7:30 pm: Me: 'Kay guys, time for jammas and stories."
Both: No!!!
Crying, negotiating, wheedling...
Jamas on, Stories read, Prayers said, kids in bed.
Liam: Mom, will you check on me? Five times?
Erin out of bed, laughing, running.
Back in bed, quieter, quieter, kids asleep.
Quiet, peaceful, Ahhhhhh......
Is it worth it? I sure hope so!!! :)
5 comments:
Awesome - writing
Unbelievable - day
sorry - I hate some days
worth it? - That's what they say.
I call Greg numerous times a day telling him to SAVE ME!
I feel so bad, because I'm giggling the whole time I'm reading about your day. Do you feel like...been there, done that and doing it yet again!!!
I just have to say that you are amazing, Amy, and a great mom. You're kids are lucky to have you!
Hi Amy, I am glad that you found me. Keep in touch.
Hate to say it but it only gets harder but in a different sort of way.. instead of whining over not being able to eat in the livingroom and watch spiderman it's whining over needing more gas in the car and wanting to date the same girl! sheeze!
Post a Comment