Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If it's not one thing...

Have you ever noticed with kids, there's always something? We've had a helmet for plagiocephaly, surgeries, tongue clippings, I could go on and on. So now Liam came home from school with a poor vision check. We took him to the doctor and found out he has Amblyopia, or a lazy eye. I'm sure it's because of my stinkin' eyes. How come he couldn't get Cameron's I ask you? Anyway, we picked out some glasses. He has to wear them for six weeks and then we'll probably have to start patching it. He has this cute friend Kora who has the same problem. They are good friends and I am so glad we have her to show him it's not a big deal. She's such a fun girl and we are blessed to have such good neighbors and friends. This is a cute picture of them. Thanks Kora for being Liam's good buddy!!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

just for the record, when we were in elementary school, and you got glasses and braces, I thought you were the coolest thing EVER!I was so jealous and wanted to be just like you. I remember complaining to my mom until she took me to the eye doctor's. Boy, was I disappointed when he said everything was fine. What a funny memory. :)

Chauntue Peterson said...

So it must be the manwaring side. Aunt Arleen has it Danielle has it and my Taylor has it and we caught it just in time before she had to patch. I remember Danielle had to patch and she would cry every night because kids would make fun of her,. but she says it has made her a stronger person. We take taylor to a pediatric optamoligest in orem if you want his name emial me. he is great. i have never had any problems getting her to wear her glasses he said if you can't get them to wear them then they are the wrong perscription. email if you want to chat about it. chauntue@ubtanet.com good luck

Wendy & Jason Steenblik said...

I guess the good news is that at least you know now. Hopefully it will be no big deal by the time he starts Kindergarten. Maybe he'll even get better grades because he just looks super smart.

Karen said...

ohhhh, just like Michael! He had to wear glasses for about a year for his lazy eye. awwww man! Oh well, he will look cute!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

My Michael had to get glasses when he started school. I felt like the worse mom ever, the first time he put them on he said "I didn't know that there was mountains by Mama's house". Talk about heart breaker. Liam will do great. What a cute little friend he has.