Let's all have a moment of silence for my good friend of 12 years, my little red Geo Prizm. It was a good little car that kept me going to and fro for a long time. Yesterday, the kids and I were on our way home from my sister's house. It was snowing (of course) and we were traveling in the HOV lane. Suddenly I slid and spun out of control. We spun around twice (I think...it may have been three times, but I think it was only twice) crossing all lanes of traffic and banged into the concrete retaining wall on the other side of the road. We were then bounced back into traffic where my car died. We were very very blessed to have not been hit by anyone and to have an incident management guy behind us a few cars back. We don't know what will happen with my car, but assume it will probably be totaled because it's not worth too much. My first thought after "Is everyone okay?" was what am I going to do? I don't have a cell phone! The incident management guy had one though and police were called, tow truck was called, etc. It really scared Owen because he was sleeping when we hit and he woke up screaming. Liam was pretty shaken up and Erin was just really concerned that the trunk lid was up. But we are all okay other than a little soreness in my neck and shoulders. Erin keeps asking where our car is and where the tow truck is. I've answered that question ten million times already today. We were incredibly blessed yesterday in so many ways. From "Will": (the act or process of using or asserting one's choice; volition) and "iamsen": (The luckiest guy in the world married to the best wife in the world with the coolest kids in the world)
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Moment of Silence
Let's all have a moment of silence for my good friend of 12 years, my little red Geo Prizm. It was a good little car that kept me going to and fro for a long time. Yesterday, the kids and I were on our way home from my sister's house. It was snowing (of course) and we were traveling in the HOV lane. Suddenly I slid and spun out of control. We spun around twice (I think...it may have been three times, but I think it was only twice) crossing all lanes of traffic and banged into the concrete retaining wall on the other side of the road. We were then bounced back into traffic where my car died. We were very very blessed to have not been hit by anyone and to have an incident management guy behind us a few cars back. We don't know what will happen with my car, but assume it will probably be totaled because it's not worth too much. My first thought after "Is everyone okay?" was what am I going to do? I don't have a cell phone! The incident management guy had one though and police were called, tow truck was called, etc. It really scared Owen because he was sleeping when we hit and he woke up screaming. Liam was pretty shaken up and Erin was just really concerned that the trunk lid was up. But we are all okay other than a little soreness in my neck and shoulders. Erin keeps asking where our car is and where the tow truck is. I've answered that question ten million times already today. We were incredibly blessed yesterday in so many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my goodness Amy! That is so scary! I'm so glad that you are all safe! Yikes!! That's seriously one of my biggest fears. Wow!! I'm really glad that your car took the damage and not the precious cargo.
Now you just have to get yourself a cell phone and a new car. Woo Hoo!!
Holy Cow Amy! I am so glad that you are all ok. Heavenly Father was watching over you. Bummer about the car, that has been a good car. Let me know if you need anything since I am out there every week.
I've had a similar SCARY experience and I am so glad you are all okay! What a blessing!
wow! soooooo glad you are all safe! It was the same when spencer's truck got totaled, Jenna just couldn't wrap her mind around where daddy's truck was. (she wasn't in the accident, but..) it is so sad to say goodby to an old friend! We had had our truck for 14 years (I think, or more) anyway, so thankful to Heavenly Father for protecting you! Love you!!
So glad everyone is okay. That is my biggest fear ever, being in an accident with my kids in the car. Guardian angels were watching over you!
Post a Comment