Friday, September 26, 2008

Elephant parade

The kids and I went to the elephant parade that the circus had at the Gateway on Wednesday. It was fun...and very fast. It was stroller central as we walked the few blocks from Cam's work to the Gateway. They had the streets lined with fun colored triangle flags and there was no "parking" for your stroller anywhere. It was madness!! The Ringmaster, clowns, acrobats, equestrians, policemen with clown noses and of course the elephants all came down the street. The kids loved it. They were going pretty fast for a parade, so I couldn't get really good pictures, but we had a good time.
Here's the back of the Ringmaster.


This was a fun vehicle that the tires went round and round while it drove down the street.




Yay!! The elephants!!

I thought it was cute how they held onto each other's tails.

I would recommend going at least once because your kids would love it. Once is probably enough though.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how fun! I used to love the circus when I was little. Ah heck, who am I kidding? I still do!!!! Looks like fun. I always love the elephants.

Just me! said...

Oh my goodness!! I didn't know they did things like that! Cute pictures too.
How far are you into the book 'Water for Elephants'? I read about 1/4 of it and then loaned it to a friend. She said it was like watching an R rated movie. She wishes she hadn't read it. (I won't loan anymore books to her) I guess I haven't read that far to get that impression or I am a bad person and like R rated movies/books. He He!!! I enjoyed the part I have read though. Tell me what you think. I am going to finish it, I just was curious what your thoughts are.

Nik said...

Sounds like a fun time! I tend to avoid parades just for the fact that it's a madhouse! I need to be better because kids enjoy them.

Cyndi said...

Amy!! It's been a long time! (do you remember me??) I'm so excited I found your blog!! wahoo!