Friday, September 25, 2009

Canning

Thanks to a couple of my good friends, I got some canning done this year. We canned diced tomatoes and salsa...
Apple pie filling...

Applesauce...


and peaches. This is only some of what we did. We got lots and lots of bottles of everything. I can't remember exactly how many, but thank you thank you guys!! My family appreciates it lots. It was more fun doing it with friends than doing it alone for sure. Plan on it again next year right? (Falls on the floor in an exhausted heap.)

4 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Your peaches look beautiful. I wish I lived by you so I could have someone to can with. I'm not very good at it so I don't ever attempt it. Way to go for providing for you family!

I just read the post about your appearance. That is so funny. You never think your kids notice stuff like that until they put it all out on the line for you. Too cute.

I love the birthday cookies and hats. You should make a post on how to make the hats. My little one would love to make them. (as long as it is easy)!!!

Have a good day.

Laurie said...

You ROCK girl!! Good work! Now come teach me!!

Cameron and Amy said...

Laurie, I'll totally come teach you! I also need an invite to your blog. I haven't been as on top of it as I should and didn't know you went private!

Beth said...

im jealous I only got to clean the lids and mark the year when we canned with my mom. So I am totally good at that the other stuff not so much..