Friday, September 25, 2009

Erin's B-day Party

I know, I know. This is really late. I thought I'd blog about Erin's three-year-old birthday party. It was lots of fun! She invited a few friends over to Grandma's backyard because it's her magical place. We had a little tea party. Julie made cute king and queen cookies. (The pics on her blog are better.) Cute cookies. The kids looooved them.

The butterfly decorated table.
We made wrapping paper hats. Owen liked wearing his.


Here's Jamison getting his hat.




Liam even wore a hat. What a good brother.




I made PB&J, ham, turkey and PB and honey sandwiches and cut them out with cookie cutters (thanks Alicia).




We drank red Kool Aid tea punched up with a little Sprite.







A couple pics of the kids eating.




After they ate, we decorated baskets with lovely silk flowers and ribbons. I used a glue gun to put them on and decorate them and Owen was so amazed, he reached out to touch some of the glue I had just put on the basket and burned his little hand all across the palm. Poor little guy. We wrapped it up and it's looking really good now. That burn kind of put an end to the basket decorating though. He was not happy. The kids loved just playing in the yard. I think they had a good time.

2 comments:

Nik said...

What a cute idea! I love the wrapping paper hats!

Karen said...

oh, so cute! what good brothers to hang with the "girls"!