Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Good Samaritan

On Monday night we had Family Home Evening and had a lesson on being kind, hoping to stop some of the sibling rivalry going on in our house. So, of course, I told the story of the good Samaritan. I told about the man getting beat up, the two men passing him by and the one man who stopped to help. I asked Liam "What would you do if you came across this man?" Liam says without hesitation, "Run away." So I ask Erin the same question and she says "some strange man is hurt on the road." Um...okay. Liam frantically raises his hand and says "Oh, I know, I know!"
Yes Liam?

"I would pray that I don't get beat up too."

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. Kids say the funniest things!

Carrie Cole said...

That is funny! You just watch though they probably absorbed more than you think, something will happen down the road and they just might suprise you. Then you will be glad you told them the story. Or even had family home evening. Man I need to get with it!